Local Congress Event
Saturday 25th April 2020 - Shropshire Congress green pointed Swiss Pairs, at Telford, TF3 4NA. Congress Secretary: Mrs. Judy Mitchell Tel: 01743235374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Local SSCBA Events
- County Simultaneous Pairs - Monday 27th January 2020 This takes place at the SSCBA clubs that meet on Mondays if they so choose. Terry has entered the Monday afternoon session. There will be a prize for the best pair at the Stafford heat in addition to a county wide prize. Normal table money.
- No Fear Pairs - Thursday 27th February 2020 This day time event takes place at Wolverhampton Bridge Club with a light lunch included. It is aimed at less experienced players who may be partnered by a more experienced player. In 2019 about 10 SBC players, mainly fron Robin's lessons took part in this.
- Championship Pairs - Sunday 8th March 2020 Green Pointed. The winners of this event go on to play in the national event for the Corwen Trophy on 30th and 31st May 2020. Serious prize money to cover the cost of entry to the Corwen Trophy. Edgar Foster Cups (6-county event), four Pairs from this event will be invited to represent the County in the Edgar Foster Cups to be held on 20th September 2020 hosted by Staffs and Shropshire at Wolverhampton. Entry by 1st March, fee £20 per pair. For further information please contact Jeff Jones on 01952 620496 or e-mail email@example.com.
If you wish to be selected for a team in the inter county Dawes matches contact Paul Cutler on 07939 977499.
Andrew Robson - Thursday 31st October 2019
The seminar took place at Stone House Hotel in Stone.
- Morning session 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. After 1 No Trump – Stayman, Transfers, Landy; Bidding bad hands – when a bad hand becomes very useful.
- Afternoon Session 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Listening to the opponents bidding – to find some well-reasoned opening leads; Fourth Suit Forcing – a great convention which is so much more than a stopper-ask.
Could have been as many as 20 Stafford members there, webmaster lost count! The room was full for both sessions.
Many congratulatulations, Geoff, on being selected to represent the County in the group D section of the, teams of 8, Tollemache National event played at Daventry. The SSCBA team came 5th out of the 8 Counties in the group. The full team were Paul Cutler, Geoff Davies, David Debbage, Paul Hackett, Jason Hackett, Adrian Kenworthy, David Beavon, James Vickers all of whom have played at Stafford at some point and some in the 2018/19 Shelley competition.
The County League is played on the second Wednesday in the month, Geoff was in the winning team of division one in 2018/19 season with Paul Cutler, Roger Keane and David Beavan all of whom have taken part during 2018/19 in Geoff's Shelley team at Stafford. As a result of his success in the league Geoff went on to represent SSCBA in the national Tollemache Qualifier event at Daventry on November 17th and 18th, the full team being Paul Cutler, Geoff Davies, David Debbage, Paul Hackett, Jason Hackett,Adrian Kenworthy, David Beavon, James Vickers. Sadly the team did not make it through to the national final to be played on 15th/16th Februrary 2020 at Coventry.