Festive Bridge – Oxford Bridge Club
Friday 17th December 2021, 10 am
We are delighted to announce that, despite the limitations we are all living with, we will be organising a Festive Bridge session on Friday morning, 17th December. Festive Bridge in 2021 means creating a Christmassy atmosphere in a safe environment. Wear your favourite Christmas hats and jumpers (especially useful with the extra ventilation), and we will make special festive treats available to eat when you collect your drinks from the kitchen. We will then play our usual 20/21 boards. This will be a hybrid session, so I am afraid if you are playing on line you will need to provide your own mince pies and hot drinks!
If, like me, you haven’t ventured back to the club to play face to face bridge yet, you may think this will be a good opportunity to dip your toe back in the water and see how you feel. Personally I’m really looking forward to seeing some friendly faces in the flesh again.
For new returners to the club – please just turn up and pay by card (we no longer take cash) the session will cost £3. If you are playing on-line, please book in your usual way. Both the F2F and online session will be hosted, so please just come along even if you don’t have a partner. Remember we will start at 10:00, so if you could be sitting down by 09:45 we would appreciate it.
Please see below an overview of the precautions the club are taking for your safety and comfort during F2F bridge. For a full description of the clubs Covid risk assessment please refer to the website.
Before you come
- You should be fully vaccinated including boosters if eligible
- Anyone with possible Covid symptoms (including symptoms of a mild cold) should not come to the club
- Anyone in recent close contact with someone who has possible or proven Covid should stay away
- Hand sanitiser will be available, but please do bring your own
During the session:
- The ventilation system in the main room will be run at maximum capacity and provides a sufficient flow of fresh air to for up to 30 people. If numbers exceed this windows and doors will be opened to provide additional ventilation – if this is likely you may wish to bring an extra layer of clothing (or two!)
- The number of tables in the main playing room will be reduced to 7 so that there is plenty of space between tables
- You are not required to wear a face mask, but may wear one if you wish
- You will be able to serve yourself with tea and coffee
- Due to sharing of cards, boards and Bridgemates, hand sanitising is strongly encouraged at regular intervals. For example, you may wish to sanitise your hands at the start of every round, before you take your cards out of the board
Looking forward to seeing lots of you on the 17th.