We're really sorry to have cancelled the 2020 Cornwall Bridge Congress. We very much hope to see you all in 2021.
Welcome. Here's the information on the Cornwall Congress 2020, Friday 11 September to Sunday 13 September, and the entry forms, both electronic and paper.
The Congress may be affected by the Coronavirus. We cannot predict the impact of the progress of Coronavirus or the guidance on events and travelling for the middle of September. We hope to hold the Congress and are still taking entries and working to the currently announced date. We'll update this website as we know more and email entrants for whom we have email addresses.
- Friday 11 September, Championship Pairs, Qualifying Round 1.30 pm start, Code A £17, per player and Final Round for the Tregudda Trophy, 7pm start. Entry into the Consolation Pairs for the Collings Cup is included in the entry fee.
- Friday 11 September, Consolation Pairs for the Collings Cup, 7pm start, Code B £9 per player.
- Saturday 12 September, Green Pointed Swiss Pairs, 1pm start for first session and 7pm start for second session, Code C, £26 per player.
- Sunday 13 September, Green Pointed Swiss Teams, 11am start for first session and 3.45 start for second session, Code D, £25 per player.
Full Congress, Code E, £62 per person.
- Sunday Afternoon Team Sandwich Platter, £32 per team.
Entries, registration and starting events
The online application for the Cornwall Congress 2020 is below and is ready. Please apply online or use our paper entry form.
Registration is in the library (opposite the bridge room) open 1 hour before play begins, except Friday evening (open 20 mins before). Please be registered at least 10 minutes before events begin and be seated 5 minutes before play starts.
Entries and enquiries to
Entries secretary Carole Reid, tel 07927 443310 and by email to CornwallCongressEntries@gmail.com
Payment is preferred electronically to
Name: CCBA Congress
Bank Sort Code : 30 96 03
Bank Account Number : 00463127
Please complete and send the online application form below or the paper entry form (which is on the link at the top of the page).
You may enter a pair or a team of four.
Requests for partners and team mates
We can suggest partners and team team mates, but success cannot be guaranteed. Contact John Golding email@example.com, 01841 541052 (and 07427 670669 during the Congress).
The prizes will include ones for the best placed Cornish players outside the places for the events on Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday.
More information on the bridge competitions, Bude, and booking rooms and meals at the Falcon Hotel is available on the paper copy of our application form on the link at the top of the page.
Tea and Coffee is included in entries for Friday and Saturday and not on Sunday, when it is included in the platter for a team of four.
There is information on Bude on www.visitbude.info and traffic updates on www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/news/traffic-watch/#/incidents and on Radio Cornwall and Devon Radio.
- EBU Number: If other Home Union, give name and number.
- If entering as pair and playing in teams, give names and numbers of team mates.
- Fields in the form below with an asterisk * must be completed for the form to be accepted.
- Pay electronically (which we prefer) or by cheque, see above or paper application form.
- You will be sent an automatic email acknowledging your online entry, normally within one hour of completing it.
- The names of those applying to enter by the electronic form will appear below. You may need to refresh this webpage to see your names after entering.
- The names of everyone entered are on this page Entries.
- The entries secretary will inform you when your entry, whether paper or electronic, has been confirmed.