Forthcoming Events are now listed on the Calendar.
Monday Mornings - 'Stepping Stones' - for beginners and early improvers. The emphasis is on a gentle pace where nobody feels rushed, and up to ten minutes is allowed for each board. If you are stuck with either the bidding or the play, you can ask for help from a teacher. Play starts at 10.00 am and we aim to play about 14 to 16 boards before lunch. If you would like to be involved simply turn up on the day, or contact Danny Parsonson on 07581 476235.
Monday Afternoons - a new session for January 2023. Play starts at 13.00 and we aim to play about 20 boards, with a 15.30 finish. You are welcome to stay over in the club after the Monday morning session - bring your own lunch!
Monday and Thursday evenings - These have a more competitive atmosphere. Club hosts are available on an occasional basis; pairs of visitors are always welcome, but if you need a partner please contact the Secretary. Members can post a partner-finder advert on Pianola. Occasional evenings are marked as Teams Events, and then advance registration is required - see the calendar for details.
Tuesday mornings - A teaching session for improvers, and open to new and existing members with some experience of the game. We play (random, not prepared) hands from a previous session and discuss teaching points as they come up. Open to all, with no partner needed - an excellent opportunity to think a little more deeply about your bridge.
Tuesday evenings - the atmosphere is a little more relaxed, and the number of boards played is limited to about 21. Pairs of visitors are always welcome, and a host is always available (but not during August - sorry!).
Wednesday evenings - The new beginners' course which started in March 2022 has now morphed into an Improvers' Group where we play (random, not prepared) hands from a previous session and discuss teaching points as they come up. Open to all, with no partner needed - an excellent opportunity to think a little more deeply about your bridge.
Friday mornings - This relaxed session aims to be more social in character, and players of all grades are welcome. A host is often available.
Need to know:
- Please arrive ten minutes before the start of a session. Pairs of visitors are always welcome; single visitors please contact the Secretary, except on Tuesday evenings and Friday mornings, when you can come unannounced.
- Sessions are charged at £2.50 table money per head, except Monday morning (£2 - no NGS or Master Points). Please don't bring cash, we will send you a bill at the end of the month and you can pay by bank transfer.
- Monday morning - start 10.00, finish before 12.30 - play about 15 boards.
- Monday afternoon - start 13.00, finish before 15.30 - play about 20 boards.
- Tuesday morning - start 10.00, finish before 12.30 - a teaching session involving up to 8 boards of guided play.
- Monday evening - Start 19.00, finish about 22.30 - play 24 - 27 boards.
- Tuesday evening - start 18.45, finish before 22.00 - play about 21 boards.
- Wednesday evening - start 19.00, finish about 21.00 - a teaching session involving up to 8 boards of guided play.
- Thursday evening - start 19.00, finish about 22.30 - play 24 - 27 boards.
- Friday morning - start 10.00, finish before 12.30 - play about 18 - 21 boards.
- Membership 2022 - 2023: The membership fee is £35 per annum. However, new members can join during the year at a rate of £3 per month remaining until the following 31 March (payable as a lump sum).
- Drinks - Tea and coffee are available for a small charge in our own kitchen; we have a large fridge and members are invited to bring their own drinks.