Stourbridge Bridge Club and Stourbridge Institute Bridge Section
Mar Minutes

Stourbridge Institute Bridge Association

Minutes of Committee Meeting 13th March 2019

Present: Linda Wright, Georgina Lineker, Sally Johnson, Margaret Hanson, Glo Jackson

Apologies: James Taylor, Gavin Tringham

The minutes of the committee meeting of 30th January 2019 were approved

Chairman’s Report

  • Restaurant Availability

SISC Chairman Gerry Roper has apologised for the recent unavailability of both the function room and restaurant which lead to a very unsatisfactory session of bridge in the bar.  A meeting will soon be held to clarify to all concerned that the restaurant must be available if the function room is not.

  • WCBA Support Meeting - to be discussed at our next meeting
  • Bridge Teaching - GL and LW to attend the Club Teacher Training Course on June 29th 
  • The date chosen for our next Social Bridge event is March 30th
  • The next date for bridge in the restaurant is Thursday March 14th                          
  • MH has spotted a poster for a Friday event in the function room on May 10th                                                                                                        
  • The committee has not been notified of this date.  GJ to check with Carl

Secretary’s Report

  • WCBA to continue to pay our affiliation fees

Treasurer’s Report

  • Accounts are prepared, ready to be audited

Rota Co-Ordinator’s Report

  • The rotas for April/May are in place

Competitions Secretary’s Report

  • Our Championship Pairs competition has had to be cancelled, due to lack of support, for the second time this year.                                                  It was agreed that the future of this competition be discussed at our next AGM.
  • Forthcoming Events



Friday 15th

Saturday 30th

Teams Championship

Social Bridge (2pm)


Tuesday 9th

Swiss Pairs


Tuesday 14th



Friday 21st

Annual General Meeting (7pm)

Resources Co-Ordinator’s Report

  • Spare bidding cards for 1C, ALERT, PASS are in the Directors Box
  • MH to purchase a new printer cartridge

Date of next meeting

  • Wednesday May 8th