On the day you will need to do the following:
1. Log in to BBO about 15-30 minutes before play is due to start. Make sure that you have some BB$ in your account.
2. Go to "Competitive", then "All Tournaments", and type Oxford in the search box to find our event. The event host will be vEBU201048 and the event will be called something like '#2058 Pairs Oxford BC Tues Eve Duplicate. Click on the event.
3. Type your partner's BBO user name in the space available. You can pay for them if you wish. Check that your partner is logged in and invite them. An invitation will be issued which they need to accept. Then look for the tournament again. if your entry has been successful it will be highlighted in yellow. If it isn't yellow, you're not entered, and will need to invite your partner again. If you're the partner being invited, wait for your partner to invite you, and then accept.
4. Make sure that you enter the event at least 5 minutes before it is due to start, otherwise you may not be able to play. We may have to close the session to entries a few minutes early to avoid a half table.
5. Once entered, wait for the game to start. Do not log out of BBO while you're waiting - if you and your partner aren't online when the game starts it will start without you and you won't be able to play. WARNING: do not go and play in the casual area of BBO while you're waiting. As from 11th May, BBO have separated the servers for casual and competitive bridge, and you won't be taken to your table automatically if you aren't in the 'Competitive' section.
6. As soon as the game starts you will be taken to a table and can start to play.
7. Say hello to your opponents, and give them a brief outline of your system (eg 4 card majors, weak NT, 3 weak 2s).
8. Each round is timed, so keep a close eye on the clock. You must self-alert your bids, including those that are normally announced.
9. When the competition is finished, wait and the results will appear on BBO. They will be uploaded to the EBU and the club website later.