Rules/Information - Teams of 4
1 Venue - Lancaster Room, Fakenham Sports Centre, Hempton Road, Fakenham. NR21 7NY Tel 01328 862867
2, Matches - Last Friday of the month. See Fixture list for playing months.
3. Start Time - 1.00pm for 1.15pm start.
4. Format - Two divisions of approximately 7 teams. All Play All league.
5. Fixtures - Cannot be changed due to schedule. Matches will be lost by default.
6. Boards - 20 boards played. 10 before refreshment break and 10 after.
7. Finishing Time - Approximately 4.00pm.
8. Board Fees - £3.50 includes coffee/tea and biscuits.
9. Result - Converted to IMPs. Difference of less than 5 means a drawn match.
10. Points - 2 points for a win; 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss.
11. League Position - Determined by Match Points. Victory Points will be used in the event of a tie.
12. Teams - Whilst teams are of 4 players captains are encouraged to have a squad of players to cover for unavailability. Matches cannot be postponed.
13. Players - Should be a member of at least one club, represented in the league.
14. Captains - Should advise Controller of squad members before the 1st match.
15. Eligible Players - Listed on website for each team. Anybody unlisted, automatically belong to the first team they play for.
16. Ineligible Players - Each team can field a maximum of one ineligible player during the season. Breaking this rule will lead to an IMP deduction.
17. Controller - Is eligible for all teams. To be used only in emergencies i.e. player not turning up on the day.
18. Director - Announced before play starts.
19. Match Days - Captain to: -
a) Ensure team are sat in correct orientation.
b) Agree half-time and full-time score with opposing captain.
c) Give result to Controller. (Total IMPs for both sides as website needs this).
20. North - To ensure boards are correctly positioned.
21. Boards - To be made at start only.
22. Seating - Home team stay in same seats throughout. Away team swap tables and orientation for 2nd half. Team members knowing this helps enormously.
23. Results Card - Should be handed to Controller at the end of the match.
24. Website - Fixtures/Results/League Tables/Registered Players/Rules & Information all shown. see www.bridgewebs.com/dereham From left hand menu click "Dereham & District League."
25. Contact - Peter Bond telephone 01603 667236 or e-mail email@example.com