TO ALL REGISTERED CBT STUDENTS
RETURNING TO CLASSES 😊
We will be resuming bridge tuition at the Rothley Centre in late September.
There will be three classes:
- BEGINNERS on a Monday morning – [that won’t be relevant to you] run by Richard and Ruth
- YEAR TWO on a Monday, 10.00 to 12.15 run by Stuart and Jim
- YEAR THREE on a Friday, 10.00 to 12.15 run by Brian
Gail will be a support teacher this term, supplementing the other five for weeks where we have gaps.
The Year 2 class will be for the current Blue Group and those of the Red Group who feel they need further practice on what they have learnt already. The course will start with three sessions where we will play, and then talk through, hands which exemplify topics we have already learnt, to make sure that these have been fully absorbed. The next seven lessons will cover new topics which the Red Group learnt over the summer.
The Year 3 class will assume that you have mastered everything we have covered so far, and will move forward with new material. Year 3’s will be joined by less experienced players from local clubs who will be learning the new material alongside you.
Year 2 will start on Monday 20 September, and Year 3 on Friday 1 October.
The Centre will close for refurbishment part-way through the term (some time after 30 October). If we cannot find suitable alternative accommodation locally, we will defer the rest of the term’s lessons until the Centre reopens.
If we have to defer some lessons until the reopening (or if another Government lockdown intervenes) we hope to continue the weekly online duplicate sessions on RealBridge until we can complete the term’s lessons.
The course will run for 10 lessons; the fee (payable in advance to Gail, Treasurer) will be £80. Please contact her - firstname.lastname@example.org – if you need the bank details again.
The fee will be rebated, pro rata at £8 per lesson, to students who drop out after the first two lessons, if they find the course unsuitable. Course fees will also be rebated pro rata if we have to break after the Centre closes and the alternative accommodation, or future dates after reopening, are unsuitable for them.
CHANGES IN ROUTINE
We will try to make the courses as similar as possible to 2019 lessons, but there will be a few changes (in addition to the Covid-related notes below):
- We will not be handing out course notes at the end of each lesson – these will be available, together with set hands and quizzes, on the website for you to print at home.
- We will still be using Bridge Buddies, but these may be one per two or three tables rather than one per table in view of the size of the student group.
One of our teachers recently attended the EBU Summer Congress in Eastbourne, and we will be following the protocols and routines which were experienced there.
In brief, the EBU guidelines and practices (suitable emended for CBT) were:
- Tables will be more generously spaced than usual.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in each teaching room, but not at each table.
- Players will handle the cards and bidding boxes as in a usual club session, but may bring their own bidding boxes if they wish.
- Players may wear masks if they wish.
- Players will not be asked for “vaccine passports” and should be aware that fellow-students and/or teachers may not be vaccinated.
- We will try to avoid crowding in the kitchen area [details of this to be worked out].
- Players are asked not to come to the event if exhibiting signs of Covid infection.
If you have any questions please email Richard as administrator - email@example.com
We are looking forward to returning to teaching, and we hope to see you back with us.
With best wishes
Brian, Gail, Jim, Richard, Ruth, Stuart – Charnwood Bridge Teachers