The Cashiers Duplicate Bridge Club holds Swiss Teams games from June - September on Sundays. Games begin at 1:30 and we ask everyone to be there at 1:15 so we can start on time. Look below for details and dates. Each game is Eight is Enough as described below.
1. Each team may add up to NO MORE THAN 8 points for the total 4-person team. Players under 300 masterpoints count as 1 point. Players with 300-1000 masterpoints count as 2 points. Players with over 1000 masterpoints count as 3 points. A team may have LESS THAN 8 points or 8 points exactly, but not more than 8. This means that no team may have more than 2 A players and, if a team has 2 A players, they must be playing with 2 C players.
2. We will play 4 rounds of 6 hands each, time permitting. We must be finished in 4 hours or less, which should be no problem if everyone arrives on time and plays at a good pace.
3. Cost is $3 to enter the Rec Center, which goes to the Center, and $4 for bridge club members (guests will pay $5). If you are a member of the Rec Center, then you only pay the $4 or $5 bridge fee.
4. If you plan to play, please email Sandra Freeman <email@example.com> with your teammates names and the date you wish to play. If we do not get enough for the game, Sandra will email you on the Saturday before the game to let you know. As always, walk-ins of full four person teams are welcome, but reservations will have priority.
5. If you need teammates to make a team of four, please use our partnership desk link in the right hand column of this page.
Swiss Team Games for the 2018 season will be as follows. All Swiss games start at 1:30.
July 8 and 22
October 7 - win some Gold!
Welcome to the Cashiers Duplicate Bridge Club (CDBC) website. The CDBC is a member-owned club fully sanctioned by the American Contract Bridge League (ACBL). It is a friendly game where all players are welcomed. The club was started around 1990 as a seasonal game with the able leadership of Jean and Ed Whitby. Cashiers Duplicate Bridge Club is incorporated as a non-profit organization to promote bridge games for members and guests. The Club is adminisered by an elected Board of Directors.
The club uses Bridgemate scoring terminals and we were able to purchase a dealing machine at the beginning of the 2014 season, so all games feature pre-dealt boards and hand records. Our goal is to have results posted on this website before our players return to their homes.
Cashiers is a lovely unincorporated municipality situated in the mountains of Southwestern North Carolina. It is a destination vacation place for many who enjoy the simple life of Cashiers and the many activities it has to offer. It has cool summers, wonderful seasons, and superb places to eat. However, its main asset is the good people who come to Cashiers on vacation or that have homes here.
Our game generally uses the following stratification levels (But may be modified at the discretion of the Director)
We welcome any ideas on how to improve our Club. You may post them on our blog:
Click on this story to read about the analysis features of this website.
Click here for info on the Bridgewebs iPhone app. You can view results from the Cashiers Bridge Club as well as other clubs using Bridgewebs while away from your computer.
We will have sanctioned Open and 299 pairs games every Tuesday from mid May through late October at 1:00 PM provided that we have enough players to justify both sections. If we do not have enough players, we will only have an Open game that day. Please plan to arrive by 12:45 so we can sign up and get settled to begin on time at 1:00 PM. RESERVATIONS ARE NO LONGER NECESSARY. All games will be held at the Cashiers Recreation Center, which is located just west of the Cashiers Post Office. In addition, the club will be having Swiss Team games on some Sundays during the season. Please see the information box in the left hand column of this page for more information plus the dates of those Swiss Games.
Cashiers Bridge Club has a partnership desk for your convenience. If you need a partner for a Tuesday pairs game or a Sunday Swiss game, please send the following information to one of the partnership co-chairpersons listed below.
Like the current dating sites, we will do our best to match players who have told us that they are looking for partners. We are not going to go searching, and unfortunately, can’t provide any guarantees of success.
Please contact Trisha Hughes firstname.lastname@example.org or Claudia O’Steen <email@example.com> with your information.
Wade Hampton hosted the annual Interclub bridge competition this year. 2018 marked the 15th year of competition. Mountaintop CC was invited to join the 7 other clubs because Highlands Falls was unable to participate. The 8 participants were Cullasaja, Highlands CC, Mt. Laurel Tennis Club, Sapphire Valley, Burlingame CC, Wade Hampton GC, Wildcat Cliffs CC and Mountaintop CC.
Wildcat Cliffs CC for won the competition for the fourth time in five years, with Mt. Laurel only two points back in 2nd and Sapphire Valley coming in 3rd.
Following competition, the captains of the 8 clubs met and decided the following: