The Cashiers Duplicate Bridge Club holds Swiss Teams games from June - September on Sundays. Games begin at 1:30 and we ask everyone to be there at 1:15 so we can start on time. Look below for details and dates. Each game is Eight is Enough as described below.
1. Each team may add up to NO MORE THAN 8 points for the total 4-person team. Players under 300 masterpoints count as 1 point. Players with 300-1000 masterpoints count as 2 points. Players with over 1000 masterpoints count as 3 points. A team may have LESS THAN 8 points or 8 points exactly, but not more than 8. This means that no team may have more than 2 A players and, if a team has 2 A players, they must be playing with 2 C players.
2. We will play 4 rounds of 6 hands each, time permitting. We must be finished in 4 hours or less, which should be no problem if everyone arrives on time and plays at a good pace.
3. Cost is $3 to enter the Rec Center, which goes to the Center, and $4 for bridge club members (guests will pay $5). If you are a member of the Rec Center, then you only pay the $4 or $5 bridge fee.
4. Please make your reservations via the link below and put ALL THREE of your teammates in the TEAMMATES’ box. When you find the date you want, click the box that says Sign Up. Next, go to the bottom of the page and click Submit and Sign Up. Finally, put all of your teammates in the box, use a quantity of 1 (for one team) and click Sign Up Now and you are done.
As always, walk-ins of full four person teams are welcome, but reservations will have priority.
5. If you need teammates to make a team of four, please use our partnership desk link on this page.
Swiss Team Games for the 2018 season will be as follows. All Swiss games start at 1:30.
July 8 and 22
September 16 - if interest justifies.
Welcome to the Cashiers Duplicate Bridge Club (CDBC) website. The CDBC is a member-owned club fully sanctioned by the American Contract Bridge League (ACBL). It is a friendly game where all players are welcomed. The club was started around 1990 as a seasonal game with the able leadership of Jean and Ed Whitby. Cashiers Duplicate Bridge Club is incorporated as a non-profit organization to promote bridge games for members and guests. The Club is adminisered by an elected Board of Directors.
The club uses Bridgemate scoring terminals and we were able to purchase a dealing machine at the beginning of the 2014 season, so all games feature pre-dealt boards and hand records. Our goal is to have results posted on this website before our players return to their homes.
Cashiers is a lovely unincorporated municipality situated in the mountains of Southwestern North Carolina. It is a destination vacation place for many who enjoy the simple life of Cashiers and the many activities it has to offer. It has cool summers, wonderful seasons, and superb places to eat. However, its main asset is the good people who come to Cashiers on vacation or that have homes here.
Our game generally uses the following stratification levels (But may be modified at the discretion of the Director)
We welcome any ideas on how to improve our Club. You may post them on our blog:
Click on this story to read about the analysis features of this website.
Click here for info on the Bridgewebs iPhone app. You can view results from the Cashiers Bridge Club as well as other clubs using Bridgewebs while away from your computer.
Our season will begin on May 15, 2018 and continue each Tuesday through October 23. Game details are below.
We will have sanctioned Open and 299 pairs games every Tuesday from mid May through late October at 1:00 PM provided that we have enough players to justify both sections. If we do not have enough players, we will only have an Open game that day. Please plan to arrive by 12:45 so we can sign up and get settled to begin on time at 1:00 PM. All games will be held at the Cashiers Recreation Center, which is located just west of the Cashiers Post Office. Walk-ins are welcome, but reservations have priority and are taken during the season up to 13 days in advance by clicking on the SignUp Genius logo below. In addition, the club will be having Swiss Team games on some Sundays during the season. Please see the information box in the left hand column of this page for more information plus the dates of those Swiss Games.
Cashiers Bridge Club has an electronic partnership desk for your convenience. Please click on PARTNERSHIP DESK and follow the directions to find a partner.
Please contact Rick.Margerison@vinsonprocess.com if you are having trouble using the Partnership Desk.