Release 2.19q
Recent Updates
Home
11th Apr 2024 08:56 BST
Constitution
25th Mar 2024 17:29 GMT
News Page
25th Mar 2024 16:58 GMT
TROPHY WINNERS
15th Mar 2024 15:08 GMT
0 0 0 0 0 0
Pages viewed in 2024
SLAM BIDS

Congratulations to Faith and Les

Spring Event 9th April 2024

Board 15

6NT

1440 points

♠  ♣  

 

 

 

 

Comment

 

 

Comment

 

 

 

 

 

Comment
News Page

This page has information and news of interest to the members. For a full list of forthcoming events, see "Calendar" on the menu and for a list of results see "Results".

Minutes of the Swaffham Bridge Club AGM held at 6pm on 5th March 2024 in the Catholic Church Rooms

Present: Committee: Bill Muir (BM), Jill Smith, Colin Dickerson, Rebecca Moore (RM), Anne Fairweather (AF), Sue Day (SD), Brian Burlingham (BB).

Members: Ann-Marie Cassidy, Ian Lambert (IL), Steve Reynolds (SR), Tony Lawrence (TL), Chris Drysdale, Merrick Smith, Graham Pack (GP), Janet Hipwell, Les Baker (LB), Barbara Morrison, Richard Brocklehurst, Mike Stevens, Sara Sharples, Gordon Mellor, Neil Lewins, David Stancombe, Danny Percival, Reg Thompson, Penny Armstrong, Carolyn Jones, Sue Giles, Gill Hiley, Jeremy Hiley.

Apologies: Mark Hodgson, Margaret Doubleday, Elizabeth Wright, Diana Dickerson.

The meeting was chaired by the outgoing chairman (SD) for agenda items 1 and 2, and by the incoming chairman (BM) for agenda items 3 and 4.

Agenda Item

Notes

Approved by members at the meeting

Action

Minutes of the AGM 2023

All actions had been carried out.

Chairman’s Report

SD noted how well the club had done.

Yes

Treasurer’s Report

No questions on report or accounts.

Yes

Secretary’s Report

No questions on report.

Yes

Development Officer’s Report

TL asked if there were any new people on the March course and RM said there were none The course would be for the existing attendees.

Yes

Election of Officers and Committee Members

BB was resigning from the Committee and SD was resigning as Chairman. BM was standing as Chairman and IL & SR were standing as Committee Members.

Yes

A presentation was made to SD thanking her for all her hard work in her many years as Chairman.

Membership of the EBU

RM outlined the benefits of becoming a member of the EBU and said that this would be at no extra cost to the individual.

RM assured BB that this would not affect the club ambience, and responded to LB that system cards were not essential. GP welcomed a move to join the EBU.

Approved by an overwhelming majority.

RM to advance the application to the EBU for affiliation.

Daytime Bridge

AF asked if anyone would be interested in playing day time bridge. She stressed this was a speculative enquiry as at present, there was not the resource to do this.

12 people were interested in playing daytime bridge.

Given the size of the response, AF will work towards setting this up though it will not be in the near future.

Anne Fairweather, Secretary, 06.03.2024

Last updated : 25th Mar 2024 16:58 GMT
Comment
CHRISTMAS PARTY 2023
  • IMG 0468
  • IMG 0531
  • IMG 0532
  • IMG 0533

SWAFFHAM BRIDGE CLUB

Minutes of Swaffham Bridge Annual General Meeting held on 7th March 2023 in the Catholic Church Rooms at 6pm.

Present: Committee:  Bill Muir (BM) – Acting Chairman, Jill Smith (JS) – Treasurer, Rebecca Moore (RM) - Development Officer/Tournament Director, Colin Dickerson (CD), Anne Fairweather (AF) – Secretary.

Members: Reg Thompson, Ann-Marie Cassidy, Irma Fowler, Sue Bloomfield, Maureen Flack, Janet Hipwell, Sara Sharples, Ian Lambert, Penny Armstrong, Tony Lawrence, Barbara Morrison, David Stancombe (DS), Neil Lewins, Richard Brocklehurst, Merrick Smith, Gaye Davison.

Apologies: Graham Pack, Elaine Aberdeen, Sue Day (SD), Brian Burlingham (BB), Diana Dickerson, Elizabeth Wright.

Before the meeting BM explained that he would be Acting Chairman as SD (Chairman/Tournament Director) and BB (Deputy Chairman) were unwell.

Agenda Item

Notes

Approved by all members at the meeting

Action

Minutes of AGM 2022

There were no matters arising from last year’s AGM.

Chairman’s Report

No actions from this report.

It was noted that CD is a hard working member of the Committee.

Yes.

Treasurer’s Report

JS asked for approval for the Accounts for 2022 and said that table money would be increasing from 1st April but this would be reviewed regularly.

Yes.

Secretary’s Report

AF asked for approval of the revised Risk Assessment.

Yes.

AF to put Risk Assessment on the noticeboard.

Development Officer’s Report

RM updated her report to say that she was now running the Improvers class at the Methodist Church on a Wednesday evening. The Club was now operating on two evenings a week.

Yes.

Election of Officers and Committee Members

The Committee were all standing for re-election. No-one had come forward for the vacant position on the Committee.

Yes.

Future Development

RM explained that 4 committee members had been to Ely Bridge Club to see how some free software was being used for a wireless scoring system. They had been impressed with how easy and how clear it was to use. In order to use this system the club would need to buy 10 Kindles/tablets, a router, and a charger for the Kindles. These could be purchased when on offer. BM or RM could supply a laptop. The scores would still be displayed on the club website.

This system would enable the club to keep up to date, stop late night scoring and examine how best to play hands. It would also save the use of travellers and score cards.

Yes.

RM to bring to next Committee Meeting.

AOB

DS thanked the Committee on behalf of the members for their hard work.

Meeting closed at 6.15pm.

After the meeting, RM handed out the Contact List for 2023.

Anne Fairweather, Secretary.

08.03.2023

 

Last updated : 14th Dec 2023 14:42 GMT
Comment