The latest version of the Competition Rules will be put forward for approval by the SCCBA Management Committee (MC) meeting on October 1st, 2021.
The most recent changes are :-
- dates and times of club heats to be notified to the web-site manager 'as soon as practicable' rather than 'by the end of June' (to be approved by the October 1st, 2021 MC meeting);
- provision for the cessation of the SCCBA Yearbook (approved by July 30th, 2021 MC meeting);
- provision for on-line events (approved by June 4th, 2021 MC meeting);
- arrangements for matches at 'half-way locations' (approved by November 30th, 2018 MC meeting);
- the inclusion of details (in new Appendix E) of how qualifiers and reserves from heats of SCCBA competitions are determined (approved by August 17th, 2018 MC meeting);
- the requirements affecting attendance at club heats are now not relevant to all Sussex Simultaneous Pairs events (approved by March 16th, 2018 MC meeting);
- the incorporation of updated guidance from the EBU together with some further clarifications (approved by November 25th, 2016 MC meeting);
- (a) lists of qualifiers will always be published on the county web-site instead of just 'normally'; (b) clubs are requested to action lists of qualifiers promptly; (c) in an emergency, the Tournament Manager can only change Competition Rules with the agreement of a majority of Tournament Committee members; (d) there should be no pairs playing without standing in semi-finals or finals; (e) in the list of Chairman's Cup invitees, the Ardingly winners are replaced by the best-placed Sussex pair in the Green Point Swiss Pairs (all approved by March 18th, 2016 MC meeting);
- updated to include current status of Mixed Heats (approved by July 18th, 2014 MC meeting);
- addition of Correction Periods appendix (approved by May 10th, 2012 MC meeting);
- clarification of entry qualifications to SCCBA events and addition of procedure for updating the Competition Rules (approved by August 10th, 2011, October 13th, 2011 and January 13th, 2012 MC meetings);
- introduction of Mixed Heats (approved by May 15th, 2011 MC meeting).