From Thursday 21st May 2020 there will be a charge for all Ripon City Bridge Club Online Tournaments.
This is because Ripon is a member of the EBU and is therefore required to (and would like to support in these troubled times) pay the EBU their Pay to Play fee
- The tournaments are open to all members of Ripon, Thirsk & Nothallerton Bridge clubs and their friends who have prepaid our treasurer at least £10.00 on account for future tournaments fees. From this £1.00 will be deducted as a joining fee to cover any club expences. To join please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The directors Username is Super01 but could be one of several different players.
- Ripon plays their matches on Wednesday at 19:00 (charge £1.50) and Friday afternoons at 13:15 (charge 50p)
- Results will be posted on both the club website and on the EBU website. Materpoints will be awarded for all tournaments.
- If you need a partner for a matches please either email Christine on email@example.com or sign up to the partnership desk on BBO on the night
- All players agree to stay until the end of the tournament. If you lose connection please return ASAP. On return If one finds that he/she has been replaced by a substitute please message the director and you will be reseated at the start of the next round.
- You must be on the weekly email list. If you are not please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Undos are allowed for miss clicks. This can be in bidding or play. If opposition does not allow an undo please call the director
- All rounds are timed. If you do not finish the round in the allotted time the computer will allocate you 50% for any games unfinished. If you think that you have been unfairly treated by this please message the director and he can adjust the score.
- To help with producing and publishing the Results on Ripon’s website every profile must contain the player’s name
- Every player must have on their profile a summary of their convention card which opposition can look at. (See below for instructions)
- If a players screen freeze please log off and log back on as quickly as possible and you should be reseated automatically.
- All unusual bids must be alerted. This is done by typing in the explanation box before making a bid. If you think you have been disadvantaged by a bid not being alerted please call the director and the score may be adjusted.
- Scores can only be adjusted up to 20 minutes after the end of the tournament.