Our Virtual Club Games are here! See the schedule and instructions below.
VIRTUAL GAME SCHEDULE
Entry fee: $5.00 per person
|Mondays: Open Pairs at 1:15 PM (Registration begins at 11:15 AM)
|Wednesdays: 299er Pairs at 1:15 PM (Registration begins at 11:15 AM)
|Thursdays: Open Pairs at 1:15 PM (Registration begins at 11:15 AM)
You'll play 18 boards per game, 7 minutes per board, for a total of 2 hours and 6 minutes per game. These games award ACBL Black points with a 50% bonus.
Between games, please take advantage of the "Support Your Club" games (also on BBO, daily at 10:00 AM, 5:10 PM, and 7:30 PM). Up to $4.00 of your entry fee gets returned to our club.
We're making modifications to the web site to allow it to recognize BBO usernames for the purpose of displaying results. To do this, we'll need your BBO username to associate with your real name in our database. If you intend to play in our Virtual Club games, please take a moment to click the link below (if you haven't already done so) to supply us with this information. It'll only take a moment or two.
CLICK HERE TO PROVIDE YOUR BBO USERNAME
Here are some very important things to keep in mind when playing in our Virtual games on BBO.
|DO NOT communicate with your partner by text or phone during play. BBO can identify unethical practices.
|You may register and return, but come back at least 10 minutes before the game starts.
|If BOTH partners are not online at game time, you will be unregistered (but you won't be charged).
|DO NOT chat your bids and explanations to the table.
|ALERTS: We self-alert on BBO. Watch the tutorial by CLICKING HERE.
|Fill out a Convention Card for each partnership (or play the SAYC). Click HERE to watch the tutorial.
|To ask about an opponent's bid, just click the bid when it is your turn.
|To avoid accidents, turn on Confirm bids and/or Confirm cards, by clicking the "Account" tab, then "Settings."
|If you mis-bid or mis-play, do not chat anything about it.
|If there are any problems, CALL THE DIRECTOR, just like at the club.
If you need a partner, you may click the "Request an Online Partner" button on the left menu bar of this home page. This is best done at least one day in advance.
If you would like to find a partner on the BBO site, click "Register" for any of the tournaments, then select "Show Partnership Desk."
DETAILED REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
These instructions are not complicated, but each step has been enumerated for clarity. They assume you may be new to Virtual Games.
To access our Virtual Club games, players should log onto BBO beginning 2 hours prior to the game’s start time (but we ask that you do this no later than 10 minutes prior to start time, whenever possible). The game will not be visible until two hours prior to the start time. BOTH players need to be online to register. Then, from the BBO HOME screen ...
- In the "PLAY OR WATCH BRIDGE" section, Click or tap, "Competitive."
- Click "ACBL Virtual Clubs." (You may also get there by clicking "Virtual Clubs" in the lower "Featured Areas" section, then by clicking, "ACBL - North America.")
- The available tournaments should appear in the window. Remember, they will only be visible beginning two hours prior to game time.
- If you don't see any available tournaments, type "Palm" in the Search box. If you still don't see anything, and it is within two hours of game time, follow the instructions below to register as a visitor.
- Click on the "Title" of the game.
- Click the "Partner" line and start typing in the BBO username of your partner (REMEMBER! You must both be online to register).
- Click "Invite." OPTIONAL. You may also click the box below if you wish to pay for yourself and your partner.
- If you don't have a partner, you may click the "Partnership Desk" Tab and see if anybody is there looking for a partner. If there is and you want to play with them, click, "Invite," otherwise you can add your name by clicking one of the blue boxes below "Add your name," either, "I will pay only for myself," or "Partner must pay for me." The second one is less likely. Stay online and see if someone invites you to play.
- If something comes up prior to the game, you can withdraw your registration. You won't be charged until the tournament begins.
- Make sure there is enough BBO$ in your account prior to the beginning of the tournament.
- You may leave, but make sure you are BOTH online at least 10 minutes prior to game time. If you are BOTH not there when the game begins, you may be unregistered (you won't be charged, in that case).
- When the game starts, the virtual table will pop up on the screen. You do not have to do anything else (except play).
To Play as a Visitor
PLEASE. Don't request to be added as a Visitor if you are a member of our club, unless you cannot find the game. Remember, the game will not show up until two hours prior to game time!
A Visitor is someone, for instance, who may be a friend or family member of someone who is eligible to play at our club, or perhaps a pair who may have moved away and would like to play in one of our games.
- If you are not on our list of eligible players (player who have played at our club in the prior 18 months or so, or players from eligible neighboring clubs), you may play as a visitor.
- The BEST way to do this is to send us an email (CLICK HERE) at least a day in advance requesting to play in our games and to be added to our Visitor list. INCLUDE YOUR BBO USERNAME. If both you and your partner are playing as Visitors, you must EACH make this is request.
- If you are online within 2 hours of game time and need to register as a Visitor, click the "People" tab on the right, then the "Search" tab, and in the bottom search box, type in, "vacb259762," then click, "Search." Another way to do this is, from the Home screen, click on "Virtual Clubs" in the lower "Featured Areas" section, then scroll all the way down and click, "All club." This will produce a very long list. In the upper search box, type, "Palm Coast." Our game should appear. In this "Host" column, click, "vacb259762," then send us a private chat asking to be added as a Visitor.
- It would be helpful to let us know that you will be playing with (username). If you and your partner are both visitors, you must both make this request.
- Make these requests early, whenever possible. We cannot guarantee that we can get you in if it is too close to game time.
- Once you are added, you should be able to access our games using the instructions above.