Credit Valley Virtual Bridge Club
♣ Tuesdays at 12:45
♦ Wednesdays at 11:15
♥ Thursdays at 6:45
♥ Saturdays at 6:45
Please note this is a new game each week and will only continue as long as there is an interest shown.
OurVirtual Club charges $5 US for each person to play. We pay $1 per table to ACBL and 20% of the money off the top goes to BBO. The rest of the money comes to the club and will be donated 100% to the HEADWATERS HOSPITAL, ORANGEVILLE and WILLIAM OSLER -- BRAMPTON CIVIC. Our directors are donating their time to support our health care profestionals at these two hospitals.
Try to register early and then shut down your BBO, reboot your computer and prior to game time by about 15 minutes, re-enter the site. This may prevent you from being dropped by the system.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
1. NEW! To find our games, go to Virtual Clubs: North America. There you will see a list of club games to which you are granted permission. If you do not find the game you are looking for, then you are not on the list of approved players. You can look under All Clubs if you are playing elsewhere as a guest.
2. BE AWARE that BBO has algorithms in place to detect unusual results. Should persons be identified by this software, they will be monitored online and measures will be taken to ensure that such unethical practices cannot continue. Any unethical behaviour will risk being expelled from the ACBL. And that means all ACBL games, online or otherwise.
3. There are two types of games on BBO. Games that you pay for and for which you earn masterpoints (competitive games) and games that are CASUAL and are free games. All BBO games previously operated on ONE server. Now there are TWO servers. Effectively, if you are playing in CASUAL or visiting there, it is like being in a different building. You will NOT receive notices about what is going on in the competitive games (the other building) nor will your Friends know that you are in one building when they are in the other. So be sure you are in the CORRECT building before game time.
4. Do not buy BBO Bucks on an APP… there is a 30% premium charged. Buy them directly from the BBO website and pay by credit card or PayPal.
To Undo or Not to Undo:
During play or bidding a few of you have made a call or played a card you did not intend. If you have not yet misclicked you likely will before too long. If this unfortunate misclick happens to you at the table, say nothing, and do nothing. Just go about your business as if nothing had happened. The action CANNOT be undone. Under no circumstances should you type a message to the table drawing attention to it.
At the present time ACBL does not recommend the use of UNDOs during normal play. All CREDIT VALLEY games adhere to this recommendation. UNDO's are NOT allowed.
However there is something you can do to protect yourself from misclicking. You can change your settings. Click on the Account Tab, usually on the right side of your screen. Select Settings at the top of that page. Scroll down to the PLAYING section. You can select Confirm Bids and Confirm Cards by sliding the toggle to the right. When you enable these commands you must click TWICE on the card or bid you intend.
Please be sure to enter a note to the table about your primary system. (e.g. Std. Am., Std, carding, 15 - 17 NT, 1430) to help your opponents get an idea of your playing patterns.
It is important to Alert your own bids. This document may help you better understand alertable bids. https://web2.acbl.org/documentLibrary/play/AlertProcedures.pdf
Master Point Awards
ACBL is awarding 150% on the points won for playing on BBO. It may be an incentive for those of you who are not currently ACBL members to join. Here is the link you need to become a member. https://www.acbl.org/about-acbl/membership/join/
We hope you will join us and encourage your playing friends to do so as well.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY (and then reread it!)
MUST DO’S BEFORE YOU PLAY
- Establish a BBO account and purchase BB$
- Send your new "handle" to John email@example.com so we can ensure you are "friended" on the BBO site.
- Find a partner to play with you
- Explore the BBO site and, perhaps play a few games of solitaire etc. to practise
- Watched the VIDEOS we sent to get you familiar with BBO. Here’s the link to the video in case you missed it: https://www.sagamorebridgeclub.com/help-everything-bbo
- Remember to contact one of our volunteers should you need assistance--before Saturday! (Listed below)
Closer to game time, reboot your computer before logging into BBO
- Click on Virtual Clubs under FEATURED AREAS
- Then Click on ACBL North America
- Scroll down the list of clubs until you find our game
- Click on the title of our club VACB274498 CREDIT VALLEY VC
- A box will appear asking you to name your partner and pay for yourself and/or both players
*** All players must be logged in 10 min before game time.
During the game, if you lose your connection to the game, just log out of BBO and then log back in again immediately. The directors will reseat you at your table. If you need help text Denise at 416-575-6754.
There are bound to be glitches. We are all learning how to do this, so please be patient.