Update - September 15, 2021
Unfortunately, recent Covid-19 events have forced us to reimpose stricter Covid-19 measures. Effective Friday September 17 and until further notice all players must wear a mask upon entering the club and use hand sanitizer after every round. The club will be further limited to a maximum of 36 people or nine tables.
Updated September 9, 2021 (amendment to Minutes of August 25, 2021):
“The CDBC encourages ALL bridge players to be fully vaccinated. Those yet to be fully vaccinated, or who have underlying health conditions, are encouraged to wear a mask. Should an issue arise, the Game Director and a member of the Executive will make the final decision on one’s ability to participate in the game.”
Updated July 9, 2021
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, MASK WEARING AT THE CLUB IS NOW OPTIONAL IN ACCORDANCE WITH PEI GOVERNMENT DIRECTIVES. IF YOU FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE WEARING ONE PLEASE CONTINUE TO DO SO. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE IMMUNE COMPROMISED OR UNVACCINATED WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU WEAR A MASK.
November 17, 2020
Operation of the club in pandemic times require the following conditions to which ALL participants must agree and comply:
- Proper use of a face mask is MANDATORY for all participants - effective November 20, 2020 face shields are no longer acceptable under PEI Government directive;
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms (such as fever, cough, fatigue or shortness of breath), please stay home until your symptoms clear; please also monitor your temperature prior to attending a game;
- Participants will be required to sanitize upon entering the room, and to wash hands thoroughly and frequently during the game;
- Games will be limited to 9 tables due to space restrictions and social distancing requirements;
- Players are requested to arrive early, as seats will be committed on a first come/first serve basis - your partner may establish your place if you are unable to arrive early;
- Water will be available for use in disposable cups, and canned pop will be on hand for sale, however coffee and tea will not be available;
- No food or snacks will be available, nor should they be brought to the club for public consumption (sorry, no Pizza Friday 😂);
- Players sitting East/West will be provided with a bidding box for your personal use at the game (you will take it from table to table as you move) - you may also bring your own bidding box from home if you prefer;
The ability to run games will be dependent upon PEI moving forward in the reopening process. Should circumstances change relative to any reoccurrence of Covid-19, the decision to reopen will be reviewed by the CDBC Executive.