I do hope this letter/email finds you well and that you have coped reasonably well during the Pandemic. It’s been very hard for all of us in different ways. We are now hopefully, seeing some light at the end of the tunnel and things are starting to get back to some normality.
It is on this note, I am writing to say that we are making plans to return to our club and some face-to-face bridge. The decision has not been taken lightly as we do have several concerns and worries about commitment and safety, but we must start somewhere.
The committee has agreed to restart some face-to-face sessions at the club from October. We will be introducing a phased approach however and therefore we have decided to run Monday afternoons and Wednesday evenings only at the beginning.
All other sessions will be kept online for now, until we can see how these sessions are going. There is the possibility after a few weeks to see if we can run the Monday and Wednesday sessions online as well and try to merge the results, as we do not want to prevent anyone from playing, if they feel they really cannot return to the club face-to-face, but more information about that later.
We will be taking extra Covid precautions upon returning to face-to-face play in common with other clubs who have restarted.
- Everyone is expected to have had 2 covid vaccinations (unless medically exempt), with the second one at least 2 weeks before playing. You should NOT attend if you have any cold or flu like symptoms or if you have tested positive or are self-isolating.
- If anyone tests positive after playing in a session, they should inform the club immediately and all the players in that session will be asked to take PCR tests, in line with current track and trace requirements.
- Hand sanitizers must be used on entering the hall and will be freely available around the room
- Social distancing as much as possible and therefore tables will need to be spaced out more than previously
- Facemasks should be worn (unless exempt) during set up and taking the tables down, however when seated, it will become a personal choice.
- You will keep a bidding box for the session, which you will carry around with you on movements.
- Initially, no tea/coffee or biscuits will be served, however, we will stop for a short break for people to use toilet facilities and therefore would suggest you bring your own refreshments for the time being.
- Ventilation: We will be required to have windows or doors open during all sessions, therefore please be prepared to bring jumpers or coats.
- Normally, there will be no need to pre-book, although space may be limited as we are unsure at present how many tables we can accommodate, so initially, we are going to ask you to put your name down to play in advance by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning Carol on 01843 603475 to reserve your space
- We need to clean down all touch points we have used before we leave, in addition the new hall cleaner will be cleaning every day as normal, so we will need a rota to assist with the cleaning of the touch points at the end of the session
- A Broadstairs Bridge Club risk assessment will be submitted to the church halls and will be available on request.
So, starting on Monday the 4th October we will run our first session. To encourage members to come along if they feel safe, I have decided to offer a host for the first couple of Mondays, so therefore you can come along without a partner and I will pair you up, or you might even unfortunately get me!
The Tai Chi club is not returning on a Monday anymore and therefore, we have at last managed to acquire a slightly longer session time, by starting play at 2pm rather than 2.30pm and finishing by 4.45pm Our Wednesday evening session on the 6th October will start at 6:50pm till 10pm approximately, but unfortunately at the moment, there will not be a host available, but you can always use our partnering service to see if someone else is looking for a partner. This can be done via Rosemary English on 07948 185033 or 01843 448062 or email her on email@example.com
The success of the club returning to normal is down entirely to its members. We need you to support the club if you feel safe to come back.
We are aware that Wednesday evenings are generally quite low numbers, but we are hoping that until we re-instate the Tuesday evenings for students, that they will all return on the Wednesday evening instead.
We have experienced problems with our bank recently and we therefore need to open a new account. Due to the cost of the halls, it has been decided that there will no longer be any refunds on the BBO Bridge, which is in line with Thanet Bridge Club as well. Therefore, the letter/email you received from Lorna about receiving the last payment and her deducting £10 online fee, will not now apply.
As most of you are aware, we did not collect membership monies for 2021, however, club membership of £15 will be due in January 2022
I do hope that most people will return to the club, and I look forward to having some social contacts once more.