HOW TO USE THE CLUB WEBSITE
There are many features available for club members on the club website at bridgewebs.com/branfordmadison. To access all the membership features a member needs to logon – the fist time you access the membership site you will be asked for a password – make up your password, then click on “Set/Reset Password” – DO NOT CLICK ON “REGISTER” that is for non-members of the club (everyone that receives my emails is a club member, your name, ACBL player number and email are on the club membership list).
Menu of Features on the website:
- Home Page – Current News, Upcoming Games. Recent results.
- Calendar Month – This page lists players looking for a partner with a link so that you can email them. It also has a link to results for tournaments or games played during the month.
- Membership – (Need to login to access) “Tabs” for “Find a Partner”, ‘Messages”, “Member List” (send anyone an email from this tab), “Account” (your account where you can make changes in your profile), “Results”.
- Find a Partner Page – this lists those looking for a partner and also lists players already registered for a game. There is a “link” that takes you to the Calendar page where you can click on “Need a Partner” for a specific game.
- News Page – Former “Tips of the Week” archived here.
- Information – Club information – Where & When, Local Clubs, Directors
- Results Calendar – Full calendar of games played at the club both Face-to-Face and online.
- Document Library.
- Calendar – List of games for the current month, it will also shoe if there are any partner requests. To find out who needs a partner click on “Partner”.
- Useful links.
There are several ways to find a partner on this website, and one way to register for a game.
1. The "Calendar Month" menu will show if there is any player looking for a partner in a specific event. To contact that player, click on the player’s name to send an email and set up a partnership.
2.To list your name on the “Calendar” for a Partner or to Register for a game sign in to the “Membership” menu item.
a. To access this area, you must enter a password which you do the first time you access this site. If this is the first time that you are visiting the “Members Only” site, click “Set/Reset Password. Note – the “Register” button is for non-members that are interested in joining the club and need a special code.
b. On the site is a list of available tournaments on the schedule, and you will see 3 potential boxes (not all boxes are set for all games). The 3 boxes are PR for "Partner required"; NP for "Unavailable" (Not Playing) and PL for "Playing". Place a check mark in a box to indicate that you need a partner or that you are registering to play in an event - in that case enter your partner's name, and this will be entered on the “Calendar”.
c. Then click the “Confirm” button – one is located at the top and bottom of the page.
d. Requests for a Partner or to place a Reservation for a game will show in the Calendar and can be removed using the same technique.
3. Another option is to click on the "Find a Partner" button in the menu. You will see a list of all the people looking for partners - sorted by game date. There is also a “link” to the Calendar where you will see who is looking for a partner and where you can enter a request for a partner for a particular game.
4. Choose your prospective partner and send an email by clicking on partner’s name.
5. Removing your “Find a Partner” or "Registration" listing. You are the only person who can remove your entry.
a. To remove the entry, log into the "Membership" area and follow the instructions above for "Posting a request".
b. Remove the checkbox you created.
c. Click the Confirm button (at the top and bottom of the page).
Comments? Questions? Contact email@example.com.