The Monday evening online session will remain unchanged (BBO 7:30pm).
With regard to returning to face to face bridge, this will commence on Wednesday 6 October and will be held on Wednesday afternoons in our usual room at the Jubilee Centre and will .
The start time will be 1.30 pm - players therefore need to arrive by 1.15 pm to enable the director to organise the appropriate movement. The session will finish at 3.45 pm as the room is only available until 4.00pm.
Until it is deemed more ‘covid safe’, there will be no tea/coffee or biscuits available. If therefore you would like some refreshments you will, initially, need to bring your own.
Other covid-related precautions applicable to us all are:
- Stay at home if you feel unwell or have a bad cold
- Use hand sanitisers on arrival – these will be available in the room
- Ensure that only North touches the travellers
- When moving to the next table, East and West need to take their bidding boxes with them
- Masks are not required unless someone at a table requests that the other players wear one
- In the event that you test positive during the week after playing, then please inform a member of the committee who will advise other members who played on that afternoon that they should also be tested.
To avoid handling cash, it is proposed to adopt the same system that has been introduced for online members. This means that face to face members need to pay £10 (via bank transfer or cheque) to the club’s bank account. This will cover the table fee for five sessions of play (at £2.00 per session). Mark Gomme, as Treasurer, will keep a tally of who plays when and will inform members when further payment is due. Whilst payment can be made on your first Wednesday session, if anyone wishes to pay in advance the bank details have been given in an email sent to all members. Don't forget to give your name as reference and also indicate 'F2F'.
In addition to the table fee the pro-rata annual subscription will be £7.50 – expiring end of March 22.
If anyone is looking for a partner for the Wednesday sessions please let Jayne know.
It’s been a long time coming but finally we will be able to play in person – we can’t wait!