It`s your turn to speak
Tell us about your club and/or national Federation.
The good, the bad & the ugly
Please be CONSTRUCTIVE, PRAGMATIC and HONEST in your comments.
Bear in mind that the purpose of this site is not only to promote intergenerational bridge, but also to encourage
BRIDGE for EVERYONE
On this website forum your opinions really do count.
They may be shared with the WBF and National Federations as part of ongoing studies designed to
IMPROVE the ENJOYMENT of BRIDGE for ALL PLAYERS
Below you will find a few of the current HOT TOPICS in the form of questions
Have your say on any theme - or simply treat the questions as a survey by replying yes/no to each*
1. Zero Tolerance - Fact or fiction at your club?
2. Is there a Hideous Hog in your club?
3. Would children under 14 be allowed to play in your club?
4. Should prize money be awarded at regular club tournaments?
5. Are psychic bids outlawed at your regular club tournaments?
6. Do beginners have to reach a qualifying standard before they can play in your club tournaments?
7. Have you - or any of your friends - left a bridge club due to the bad behaviour of other members?
8. Do you prefer to play bridge at home with friends - or in clubs?
9. Could your club and/or Federation do more to improve your enjoyment of bridge?
10. Do you have a theory on why some of the most hideous of hogs at the bridge table are often the nicest people one could meet away from the table?
One final question exclusively for members of Aces Academy:
Would you like us arrange monthly or ladder competitions for any of the following games?
Rummikub, cribbage, backgammon, dominoes
Games that can be enjoyed by any and every generation
Did you know that totally BLIND people play bridge tournaments - and WIN
I would not be asking that question if I hadn`t been beaten by a blind pair using braille cards
That extraordinary feat - a blind pair finishing ahead of over 100 experienced and full-sighted pairs - was achieved at a festival in Roquebrune-sur-Argens (France)
A truly humbling and heartening experience for me and all the other participants
Yes, the pleasures of bridge are there for ALL to enjoy
*Please use mail pro forma on contacts page, or write to this mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org