This is the website for East Texas Unit 225 (ETU 225) which is a member of the American Contract Bridge League (ACBL) and the Texas Regional Conference (District 16). Unit 225 is one of 18 units within District 16 which includes all of Texas and Mexico and has over 8,500 members.
Geographically our unit is in the northeast corner of Texas. It extends as far northeast as Texarkana; as far south as Nacogdoches; as far north as Paris; and as far west as Wills Point.
As one of 300 ACBL units, the ETU 225 is charged with supervising and promoting bridge within its boundaries and hosting sectional and regional tournaments. Our unit also strives to:
- Promote the best interests of its members and contract bridge
- Assist ACBL and District 16 in the promotion and conduct of bridge tournaments
- Encourage the best conduct and ethics of its members and enforce our policy of Zero Tolerance
- Promote and encourage membership in the unit
If you've never played duplicate contract bridge, we encourage you to do so. We think you will find it fun and challenging and we're sure you will make new friends at local clubs. All local games and tournaments are open to members and non-members of ACBL. If you'd like to play at a local game and don't have a partner, call the club's director or partnership chairman listed in the Clubs section of this site.
What is ACBL?
The American Contract Bridge League is the governing body of contract bridge, Established in 1937, it has:
- 167,000+ members
- 3.5 million tables of bridge play in clubs and tournaments
- 1,000,000 tables online annually
- 3000 bridge clubs
- 1100 bridge tournaments annually
It's mission is to promote, grow and sustain the game of bridge and serve the bridge-related interests of its members.