A friendly club for duplicate bridge
West Bridgford Bridge Club needs some new commitee members.
Please see if you could spare yourself for 3/4 meetings (usually before we play on a Monday night ) per year.
We need new input and ideas.
Please see any commitee member to express your interest
If any member would like the opportunity to partner the chairman, please contact him using the details below:
We are hosting informal Improver sessions
These are held at
'The Willow Tree'
On Wednesday evenings between 7 and 9 PM
These are free and anyone wishing to inprove their game is welcome
Check the calendar for the next session
We are running a new competition for the most improved player using EBU NGS
The comp will run from 1st October 2019 until 31st March 2020
We have a large collection of tutorial DVD's at the Bridge Club.
These are available for anyone to borrow, you just need to sign them out.
They cover many different aspects of the game and are very understandable.
Please make use of them
Minutes of the Meeting of West Bridgford Bridge Cub held on Monday 28th November 2016
Present: Tim Anderson, Shiona Dawson, Ian Dovey, Clive Goode, David Hazeldine (Chair) Apologies: Dave Beaumont
1. Matters Arising From Previous Meeting None
2. Treasurer’s Update We currently have 39 paid up members. With the average number of tables in decline we are losing a small amount each week. This is not a problem in the short-medium term but membership/table fees need to be reviewed before the next AGM. One possibility would be to drop/reduce the membership fee and increase the table fee by a small amount. An analysis of the table income for the past year will be undertaken. Action: ID
3. How Can We Increase Membership The ongoing issue of decreasing membership was again discussed at length. This is a county (if not country) wide problem. Our previous advertising only attracted a small number of enquiries. It might be advantageous to join with another club in order to attract (and provide training for) new members. Action: DH
4. Teams Of Eight We currently have 2 teams entered in the Nottinghamshire Teams of 8 leagues. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find enough players to justify both teams and so, reluctantly, we will only enter 1 team next year.
5. Christmas Event The club Christmas Event will take place on Monday 19th December. The format will be the same as last year with normal bridge for the first couple of hours, followed by drinks/nibbles and a quiz. Members to be notified by E-Mail and director announcements. Action: DH (drinks), SD (nibbles), ID (quiz), CG (E-Mail)
6. Date of Next Meeting TBA (but no later than mid February 2017): Action: DH