A friendly club for duplicate bridge
West Bridgford Bridge Club needs some new commitee members.
Please see if you could spare yourself for 3/4 meetings (usually before we play on a Monday night ) per year.
We need new input and ideas.
Please see any commitee member to express your interest
If any member would like the opportunity to partner the chairman, please contact him using the details below:
We are hosting informal Improver sessions
These are held at
'The Willow Tree'
On Wednesday evenings between 7 and 9 PM
These are free and anyone wishing to inprove their game is welcome
Check the calendar for the next session
We are running a new competition for the most improved player using EBU NGS
The comp will run from 1st October 2019 until 31st March 2020
We have a large collection of tutorial DVD's at the Bridge Club.
These are available for anyone to borrow, you just need to sign them out.
They cover many different aspects of the game and are very understandable.
Please make use of them
Minutes of the Meeting of West Bridgford Bridge Cub held on Monday 8th August 2016
Present: Tim Anderson, Ian Dovey, Clive Goode, David Hazeldine (Chair) Apologies: Shiona Dawson, Dave Beaumont
1. Matters Arising From Previous Meeting (AGM)
1.1 The question of gratuity for the bar staff was raised at the AGM. This was straightforward at the arena where there was a single barman. The situation at the Golf Club is more complicated as there is a variety of bar staff so we have discontinued this practice.
2. Treasurer's Update The overall financial situation is more or less the same as last year. We are losing a small amount on most club nights but this is not currently have a significant impact of the club's finances. The number of members (and hence the club's income) is declining. So far this year only 25 members have paid the 2016/2017 subscription. A reminder E-Mail is to be sent. Action: CG
3. Training / New Members We have been running (free) advertisements in local publications. These have generated a small number of enquires from potential new members and we need to decide how best to progress this interest. The question of providing training was raised at the AGM. The EBU run Teacher Training courses – details to be obtained. Action: DH
4. Teams of 8 In the past we have entered two teams into the county Teams of 8 competition. We would like to continue with 2 teams if at all possible but It has becoming increasingly difficult to find enough people to justify this. We need to inform the county by the beginning of September of the number of teams we intend to enter. To gauge the level of interest we will E-Mail the membership. Action: CG
5. Date of Next Meeting TBA: Action: DH