A friendly club for duplicate bridge
West Bridgford Bridge Club needs some new commitee members.
Please see if you could spare yourself for 3/4 meetings (usually before we play on a Monday night ) per year.
We need new input and ideas.
Please see any commitee member to express your interest
If any member would like the opportunity to partner the chairman, please contact him using the details below:
We are hosting informal Improver sessions
These are held at
'The Willow Tree'
On Wednesday evenings between 7 and 9 PM
These are free and anyone wishing to inprove their game is welcome
Check the calendar for the next session
We are running a new competition for the most improved player using EBU NGS
The comp will run from 1st October 2019 until 31st March 2020
We have a large collection of tutorial DVD's at the Bridge Club.
These are available for anyone to borrow, you just need to sign them out.
They cover many different aspects of the game and are very understandable.
Please make use of them
Minutes of the West Bridgford Bridge Club Annual General Meeting held on Monday 27th April 2015
Present: S Dawson in the chair and 27 members as recorded on the attendance sheet. Apologies were received from 2 members.
1. Minutes of the last meeting The minutes of the meeting held on 28th April 2014 were unanimously approved.
2. Matters Arising The staff gratuity has not been changed. To be reviewed at the next committee meeting
3. Chairman's Report Shiona Dawson presented her first chairman's report. She noted that we have had a reasonably successful year as a club with the table numbers ranging from 6 – 10.
This year we lost a much liked and valued member Rosemary Downs who died earlier this year. We also lost two long-time member couples (the Craddocks and the Goulds) who have moved elsewhere.
Shiona thanked the various club members who help with setting out the tables, organising and scoring the boards, directing on club nights and maintaining the club web-site. She also thanked the committee members for their various contributions. This year has seen a considerable amount of work in locating a new venue (see item 6).
Our two teams of 8 have had some success. The A Team finished 3rd in division 1 and the B team managed to win a couple of matches. Thanks to David and Sheila for organising their respective teams.
Shiona concluded by presenting bottles of wine to the team captains and the club night directors as an appreciation of their efforts.
4. Treasurer's Report
Ian Dovey reported that we are generally running on a break-even basis. This year we lost just over £600. This was due to a shortfall in table fees and an extra payment to Bradmore for sessions in the previous year. However, there is no immediate need to increase the subscriptions or table fees. Ian thanked David Dunford for examining the accounts.
There were no questions on the accounts and the report was unanimously adopted (Proposed by Len Jackson, seconded by Dave Beaumont).
5. Committee Thanks to Val Savidge who is stepping down from the committee (and organising the food for the Christmas party).
The were no additional nominations for the committee and so the remaining committee members were re-elected en-bloc (Proposed by Len Jackson, seconded by Dave Beaumont) with the following positions:
Chairman: Shiona Dawson Vice-chairman: David Hazeldine Treasurer: Ian Dovey Secretary: Clive Goode
Committee member: Tim Anderson
6. New Venue With the imminent closure of the Arena the committee have spent a considerable amount of time looking at possible new venues. Around 30 locations have been checked out and this has resulted in the choice being narrowed down to two locations. These are the Sports Club on Stamford Road and Edwalton Golf Club. The fees would be £50 at both locations. A final decision will be made in the near future.
7. Competition Winners Ladies v Gents: Won by the ladies (details on the web-site)
Summer Competition: John Woolmer and Shiona Dawson
Winter Competition: Dave Beaumont and Richard Ekins
Scratch Pairs: Tim Gregory and Will Gibb
8. AOB The committee were asked to consider extending club night sessions to 10:15 in order that more boards could be played.
The meeting thanked the committee for their efforts during the past year..
The meeting concluded at 7:25 and was followed by bridge.