A friendly club for duplicate bridge
West Bridgford Bridge Club needs some new commitee members.
Please see if you could spare yourself for 3/4 meetings (usually before we play on a Monday night ) per year.
We need new input and ideas.
Please see any commitee member to express your interest
If any member would like the opportunity to partner the chairman, please contact him using the details below:
We are hosting informal Improver sessions
These are held at
'The Willow Tree'
On Wednesday evenings between 7 and 9 PM
These are free and anyone wishing to inprove their game is welcome
Check the calendar for the next session
We are running a new competition for the most improved player using EBU NGS
The comp will run from 1st October 2019 until 31st March 2020
We have a large collection of tutorial DVD's at the Bridge Club.
These are available for anyone to borrow, you just need to sign them out.
They cover many different aspects of the game and are very understandable.
Please make use of them
Minutes of the Meeting of West Bridgford Bridge Cub held on Monday 21st March 2016
Present: Tim Anderson, Shiona Dawson (chair), Ian Dovey, Clive Goode, David Hazeldine
1. Matters Arising From Previous Meeting
1.1 The problem of attracting new members still remains. Some local locations/publications have been identified as possible sources of advertising the club and are being followed up. A flyer is to be displayed at the Golf Club. The results of the county survey are still ongoing but a couple of competitions are to be run at the Nottingham Bridge Club in the hope of encouraging beginner/immediate players.
2. Finances We need 8 tables on a Monday to make a profit so most weeks we have a small loss. This is currently not a problem as we have enough reserves in the bank. It is proposed to keep the subscriptions and table fees at the current rate, at least in the short/medium term.
3. AGM The AGM will take place on Monday 25th April followed by bridge as usual.
4. Directors There have been some comments relating to playing speed and the correct use of the bidding box. Tim will E-Mail the other directors will some pointers as to how to handle these situations. Action: TA
5. Room Problems The size and layout of the room mean that noise is becoming a problem. Removing the small sofa would enable the tables to be spread out more. We need to contact the Golf Club to sort this out. Action: SD
6. Partner Finder In order to facilitate finding a partner a club member has volunteered to at as a central contact point. Details to be announced shortly. Action: SD
7. Competitions The Aggregate Cup will be held on Monday April 18th. Other one-off competitions need to be organised but it was recognised that we probably do not have enough ladies for the Ladies v Gents, and the scratch pairs has not proved popular with some members.
8. Date of Next Meeting To be decided. Action: SD