Spade Heart West Bridgford Bridge Club Diamond Club
Recent Updates
Home Page
6th Dec 2019 08:15 GMT
TEAM OF EIGHT INFO AND FIXTURES 19/20
5th Dec 2019 08:24 GMT
NGS
3rd Oct 2019 10:42 BST
West Bridgford Bridge Club
20th Sep 2019 11:47 BST
0 0 0 0 0 0
Pages viewed in 2019
West Bridgford Bridge Club

A friendly club for duplicate bridge

Committee Members

West Bridgford Bridge Club needs some new commitee members.

Please see if you could spare yourself for 3/4 meetings (usually before we play on a Monday night ) per year.

We need new input and ideas.

Please see any commitee member to express your interest

Chairman's Offer

If any member would like the opportunity to partner the chairman, please contact him using the details below:

Dave Beaumont
 daveb@bramsoft.demon.co.uk
 07899 917972

COUNTY NIGHT

Nottinghamshire County Bridge Association arrange a night once  a month enabling members of  Bridge Clubs in Nottinghamshire to play together.

This is a great opportunity to meet and play against other players from all over Nottingham.

This monthly event is held at the Nottingham Bridge Club on Mansfield Road.

next event is 13/11/2019

Start time is 7 pm 

There is a table fee of £2.50 

Everyone is welcome.

 

An Amazing opportunity for Improvers

We are hosting informal Improver sessions 

These are held at 

'The Willow Tree'

Rufford Way 

Westbridgford

On  Wednesday evenings between 7 and 9 PM

These are free and anyone wishing to inprove their game is welcome

Check the calendar for the next session

Most Improved Player Comp

We are running a new competition for the most improved player using EBU NGS

The comp will run from 1st October 2019 until 31st March 2020

Committee Meeting 22 March 2015
Committee Meeting 22 March 2015
Minutes of the Meeting of West Bridgford Bridge Cub Committee
held on Sunday 22nd March 2015

Present: Tim Anderson, Shiona Dawson (chair), Ian Dovey, Clive Goode,
                David Hazeldine
 
Apologies: Val Savidge
 
1.  Matters Arising From Previous Meeting
 
1.1 The EBU “free” packs of cards have been received.
 
1.2 The issue of attracting new members to Bridge is to be raised at the County meeting in May.
 
1.3 Disputes Process – Ian to circulate a draft proposal by 30.3.2015.  Action: ID
 
2.  New Venue
The options have been narrowed down to four locations. The immediate task is to firm up on the details such as cost, facilities, etc. with a view to having made the choice of a definite location by the AGM.  Action: All
 
3.  AGM
The AGM will take place on Monday April 27th at 7.00pm in the Rushcliffe Arena. Bridge will follow after the meeting. There will be no table fees on that night and members can turn up without a partner and be guaranteed a game. If you have any items for the agenda please contact Shiona Dawson.
 
Nominations for additional committee members are welcomed, please contact any committee member.
 
If you have any competition cups please return them to any committee member.
 
Visitors may attend the AGM but may not vote.
 
4.  Averaging Boards
We need to have a simple, clear procedure for when a board has to be averaged. There is an EBU guideline (rather than a rule) which states that once the first hand has been withdrawn from the board, that board has started and should be allowed to finished. We need to draw up a  statement based on this guideline and make directors aware of it. The statement should also be added to the club's web-site. Action: TA
 
4. Directors
We need more directors for club nights. If you are interested please see any committee member. The club will subsidise the cost of a Directors Course.