Beginners and Improvers
Just completed Beginners' Lessons or would like to practice the mechanics of duplicate play in a teaching setting?
Supervised Sessions are for you.
There are two types of Supervised sessions:
Supervised Duplicate: suitable for Improvers who have mastered the system basics & scoring and now want to learn the mechanics of playing in duplicate bridge.
Supervised Lesson: suitable for Beginners who want to reinforce their knowledge in a relaxed teaching environment.
There are five sessions a week to choose from:
- Monday Supervised Duplicate - 1.30 p.m. - 4.00 p.m.
- Tuesday Supervised Lesson - 1.30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m./4.00 p.m.
- Tuesday Supervised Lesson - 7.30 p.m. - 10.00 p.m.
- Wednesday Supervised Lesson - 1.30 p.m. - 4.00 p.m
- Thursday Supervised Duplicate - 7.30 - 10.15 p.m.
- Free clinic for duplicate players at 10.00 a.m. - 10.30 a.m.
The Monday and Thursday Supervised Duplicate operate as follows:
- Each round is timed, and you are allowed 8 mins to complete a board. Boards not completed in time must be turned in.
- At the end of each round, the East-West pair move to a higher numbered table, while the North-South pair move the boards to a lower number table.
- The Supervised Director cannot play, direct and teach at the same time, so you need to arrange a partner.
- Players are encouraged to ask the director/teacher when they need assistance.
- Generally, discussion of the hands during play should be kept to a minimum in order to allow the others in the room to concentrate.
- Members receive Masterpoints, provided the minimum number of boards are completed.
- Quiet discussion is encouraged once you have completed your set of boards until the movement is called.
Whilst we cannot guarantee to find you a partner, if you arrive 20 mins before the Supervised Duplicate session we will endeavour to match you will another player.
The Tuesday afternoon, Tuesday Evening and Wednesday Afternoon are Supervised Lessons are more relaxed and work like this.
- There will be a lesson/refresher followed by sit and play.
- There is no movement of players, the director moves the boards. There is no time limit to complete the boards
- Players are encouraged to ask the teacher for assistance.
- Generally, discussion of the hands is encouraged between players.
- The Teacher cannot play in order to maximise the time available for questions.
- Masterpoints are not awarded in these sessions.
- There is no requirement to have a partner.
Cost for all sessions is $10.00 for members and $13.00 for visitors.