We run the following sessions on Bridge Base Online:
Mondays at 7.30pm, Tuesdays at 2pm and Fridays at 2pm,
also gentle bridge sessions on Thursdays at 2pm.
Sessions are 18-21 boards, and cost 3 US Dollars, so you will need to have a BB$ account. Note that you can apply for BB$ to top up your balance automatically by a small amount whenever it becomes dangerously low.
Non-members may play as guests in our club sessions up to four times in a year, after which they will be asked to join the club.
Mon. 26th: Angela Treen (07720 706736)
Tue. 27th: Brian Forty (07958 707418)
Thu. 29th: John Stobo (01892 548763)
Fri. 30th: Gerhard Hess (07887 714340)
A full explanation of how to join an event is given below. If you have not informed the club of your BBO username, but wish to play in our sessions, then to avoid being excluded please click here. And you can click here to view a list of other players' BBO usernames.
No partner? Message or call the director, who may be able to suggest a partner or otherwise advise you. If you remain partnerless, we suggest you log in (select "competitive") before the event starts (tell the director) because whenever we have an odd number of pairs the director will want to fill the two empty seats, and you could be invited in for a free game. Please also consider volunteering if you are comfortable with this arrangement; it reduces the need to substitute strangers. You may also like to join a WhatsApp group (text your mobile number to 07444 899109 to be included) as a possible way of finding partners.
To join a Tunbridge Wells club event :
If you intend to play on a battery powered device, we would advise you to ensure that it is fully charged.
1. Go to www.bridgebase.com at least 10 minutes before the event is due to start (15 -20 minutes if the procedure is new to you). If you leave it to the last 5 minutes, and encounter a problem, you may miss out. Call the director if you need help (see rota above for contact numbers).
2. Select Competitive
3. Select All Tournaments
4. Find the search box (above "entry fee"), enter Tunb and press enter. If the searching facility does not work, you can still find our event by scrolling down through the list. The events are in chronological order, so if you know the session is due to start in, say, 10 minutes, expect to find it at 9, 10 or 11 in the start column.
5. Be sure to identify our event correctly, and click on the event (not on vEBU204441 which is your host's ID). When prompted, enter your partner's username. An invitation will be issued (but withdrawn after 20 secs. if not accepted). If your partner has not yet logged in, just wait. They will follow the same procedure and invite you.
6. As soon as one partner has accepted the other's invitation, your registration will be confirmed; now just wait until the first deal appears on the screen. Meanwhile you should both ignore any pop-up box that mentions EBU numbers and cancellation. You could click on "entries" to see who has registered, and chat to partner until the session begins. If you do not initially have any first round opponents, be patient; it will be the director's first priority to fill the empty seats. Each round has a time limit; unfinished boards will be adjudicated as fairly as possible. Please be courteous, and ready to start each round promptly.
7. If you find yourselves excluded when the event begins, the director could bring you into it IF there is a substitute pair. Contact the director a.s.a.p. quoting your usernames and he/she will include you if it is possible to do so.