||Shalford Village Hall,
Shalford GU4 8BQ
Wednesday afternoon starting at 1:30pm
Thursday evening starting at 7.30pm
||£3.00 for members
£4.00 for non-members
Table money includes mid-session resfreshments (tea/coffee/squash and a biscuit)
We hope that you will enjoy your bridge at Guildford Duplicate Bridge Club. Here are some ideas for ensuring that you do Enjoy your bridge.
Visitors are welcome. For more information please contact Kate Atkins
Members and those on the waiting list looking for a partner should email Julia Brough
Julia will then email everyone who has asked to be included in the find partner email list with your email address, and interested people will contact you directly.
Cafe Bridge and charity event dates:
Wimbledon Village Café Bridge: Wednesday 14th June The triumphant return of this popular event, organized by BRIGHT Cancer Care's Zoe Wheatley and team with the help of Michael Brown. Already running a waiting list, but likely to expand. Sign up here: brianbridge.net/wim2023
Richmond Café Bridge: Tuesday 20th June This long-awaited event has finally achieved liftoff, thanks to Janet Leffler and a team of RBC stalwarts. Play bridge in familiar Richmond restaurants in aid of Twickenham-based Integrated Neurological Services charity. Book here: brianbridge.net/rich2023
Café Bridge Ireland: Saturday 5th August An exciting new initiative from Declan Doyle and his Eire-based LiveBridgePaytoPlay company. Enjoy bridge in some of Dublin's most iconic venues. The event will make a donation to the Irish Cancer Society. Search on google for "Cafe Bridge Ireland" to find out more and to book the event and accommodation with Declan.
Perth Café Bridge: Saturday 19th August If you have been to Antwerp you will recognize the format - start after lunch, play bridge and sample superior Scottish beverages in seven choice hostelries in the Fair City of Perth. Ideal for those who work weekdays and the young at heart. See you there. Book here brianbridge.net/perth2023
Cypriot Café Bridge? : My colleague Lou Hobhouse of "English Bridge" fame is running an appealing bridge holiday to Cyprus this October - including, if all goes to plan, the first Cafe Bridge on the island. For details see her flyer here: brianbridge.net/pdfs/LOU2310.pdf
Guildford Café Bridge: Thursday 5th October Surrey's famous event in beautiful Guildford, now in its eleventh year, organized by Irene Goldsworthy in aid of the fantastic Fountain Centre at St. Luke's. The sun always shines. Sign up here: brianbridge.net/guil2023
Still places left:
- Hatch End Café Bridge: Wednesday 17th May - An exciting new event in the little known North West London idyll of Hatch End, famous for its furniture shops and restaurants. Organised by Adam Davis in aid of Cystic Fibrosis Trust. Book here: brianbridge.net/hatch2023
- Ayrshire trip: Monday 5th-Thursday 8 June - I still have space to take some more people to Ayrshire. The original flyer can be found here: please enquire for up-to-date prices. brianbridge.net/pdfs/PW2023.pdf
Save the dates:
- Molesey Summer Café Bridge: Wednesday 16th August
- Café Bridge Trip to Antwerp (TBC): Weekend of 9th September
- Café Bridge Trip to Scotland (Dunkeld and Plockton): Week of 23rd October
- Molesey Winter Café Bridge: Thursday 7th December
Putney inquiry: Michael Brown has suggested that he and I run a Café Bridge in Putney. If you are involved with a local charity that such an event might support, please contact him at email@example.com .