Thornhill Bridge Club is designating the week of:
June 17th (Monday)-June 23rd (Sunday) as Club Championship week for all games.
Thornhill B.C. is Closed Satuerday, June29th and Sunday, June 30th (Unit 246 Sectional at Thornhill Community Centre).
Thornhill B.C. is Open Monday, July 1st (Canada Day) from 1:00PM-4:00PM Afternoon Only (No Evening Game).
Tuesday Morning Class with Harold Baba:
Tuesdays, 9:30 - 11:30am
Cost : $15 Pay- as- you - Play
Notes will be provided.
Please register with Medhat Fawzy: email@example.com
Thornhill Bridge Club is pleased to announce starting a NEW SATURDAY GAME as of December 22nd from 1:00pm-4:00pm. Please come and join us on Saturday: Dec. 29th and beyond.
Here what you could enjoy:
1) 25% off the Regular Price of $4 starting May 1, 2019-(until further notice; you pay only $3).
2) If you play THREE times at Thornhill BC, you get a FREE Saturday Game.
3) If you bring a new partner to a Saturday Game, you play for FREE.
4) All Young Students will pay only 50% of the Regular Price of $4.
5) Holding Once a Month Swiss Teams (every second Saturday).
Happy New Year.
Sadly the original IBM Thursday Evening Session has its last Game held on Thursday, October 25th, 2018.
If there is a future need in the coming weeks/months, this game might re-start again.
Please let us know what do you think?
ATTENTION (Fee Change!):
To better cover increased expenses (due to cost of supplies, minimum wage, acbl fees, etc.... ).
Starting September 1st, 2018: All Duplicate Bridge Games are now $5 per player except the following:
- Sunday Afternoon Fee is Still $4.
- Thursday Afternoon Section A Fee for TSC members only are: $2 for non-acbl players and $4 for acbl players.
Great News (TheCommonGame):
Now ALL of Thornhill Bridge Club Sessions have Pre-Dealt Hands. ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
WITH NO ADDITIONAL COST To PLAYERS!
In addition, Thornhill Bridge Club is now part of a large group of bridge clubs in North America offering the same bridge hands at the same time to all players at these clubs. This means:
- Our players' results will be compared with results from over 100 clubs in North America.
- Players who have their email addresses registered with ACBL will receive results by e-mail from TheCommonGame.
- Some hand analyses by various pros is provided by TheCommonGame.
- Most important; players will have access to the bridge hands just played after the game (in addition to a limited print out of the hands); also see what others did in each board.
Below is mainly where Duplicate Bridge Sessions will take place. If in doubt, please call the main desk ahead:
(905) 944-3800 ext. 6866
1pm (Seniors Activity Rooms 1 and 2)
Respect for Others
Our club have many players from all around and they are players with various type of medical conditions that may not be apparent to other players, such as problems with scents and problems with high pitch sounds.
We would like all the players have an enjoyable time at our games, so please respect other players and avoid things such as card snapping and wearing strong perfume.
We appreciate your support. Thank you
New Laws of Duplicate Bridge
The Laws of Duplicate Bridge 2017 are effective in the ACBL beginning Sept. 25, 2017. The new Laws are available online at acbl.org and in printed form, available from Baron Barclay Bridge Supply. Exceptions to the new Laws, adopted by the ACBL Board, are no longer available in the printed version; they are available on the website at www.acbl.org/lawsoptions.
STOP card tossed from bidding boxes
After roughly two decades of use, the oft-controversial STOP card found in most ACBL bidding boxes will soon be missing from ACBL tournaments.
During July 2017 meetings in Toronto, the ACBL Board of Directors eliminated the STOP card for sanctioned tournaments beginning after January 1, 2018. ACBL-affiliated clubs are not required to remove the STOP card from bidding boxes, but they are encouraged to do so.