Play Real Bridge
The Club has signed up to Realbridge. This is an on line bridge platform that allows play that is as close as you can get to being in the Club. You can see and chat to your partner and opponents and you play a Mitchel or Howell movement.
The games will take place on Thursday mornings, usually 10.00, and Monday and Tuesday evenings, usually 7.00. (subject to change if numbers are poor).
This will be FREE for the remainder of the year
The links for future events may appear here but contact the secretary if you wish to play
The Results will appear here
The following Rules and advice are important to the smooth running of Realbridge:
1. ARRIVE EARLY Please logon early, 10 minutes before the start time of the session. Latecomers risk not being able to play.
2. DO NOT LOG OUT Once in play, do not leave. If you have technical problems re-booting your internet router or switching your device off then on should take you back.
3. IF YOU HAVEN'T A PARTNER If you are hoping to play, and do not have a partner you MUST STAY IN THE LOBBY AND NOT SIT AT A TABLE.
Once in the lobby, use the chat option to inform the Director you are a single wishing to play. The Director will sort you out with a partner if available. When a Host is available you should be able to play, but there are no guarantees if there isn't a Host. You can also chat berore logging on through the icon on the RealBridge logon page, but it is best to logon and wait in the lobby
4. SOUND AND VISION Whilst you can play without sound and vision, it is better if you have these turned on. However you need to set up in a quiet setting to avoid unwanted background noise when in play. If your preference is not to have these, particularly sound, turning sound on whilst play is being set up is particularly helpful to the Director.
5. COMMUNICATIONS It is helpful for your partner, and the Director if a single, to have a contact phone number for use if things go wrong and communication through Realbridge is not an option
Play Teams on Wednesday night on BBO
There is a teams game every wednesday night, if you would like to play or have a team then contact David Melville
Click on the club news button for other information