♠ ♥ ♦ ♦ ♣ ♠ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♦ ♣ ♣
Congratulations to our members who recently
attained an ACBL Rank Change.
Regional Master - Arthur Carlson
Sectional Master - John Schraufnagel
Gold Life Master - Richard Towner
Gold Life Master – Betty Moynagh
♠ ♥ ♦ ♦ ♣ ♣ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣ ♣
"Popular Conventions" will be the 8-week bridge
class beginning October 2, 2019. For details and
registration form, see the "Bridge Class Info 2019" tab
♠ ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
Click on the "The Director's Corner" tab for interesting Bridge Tips and Topics.
Click Here for the ACBL Results
or click the ACBL Logo at the top of the Homepage
Games are Wednesday and Sunday 1:00 PM, year round
and Tuesday 6:00 PM (October through April).
ACBL members are welcome guests to our ACBL games.
Effective 8/1/19 entry fees: $3 members, $6 guests,
plus $1 or $2 for special games.
Please arrive by 12:45 PM for the day games so
the Director can make seating assignments for
an on time start. If you are delayed, please call
Sunday’s Director Dennis Frazier at 623-512-0254
or Wednesday’s Director Jackie Langlois at 623-584-5886.
Thank you for your cooperation!
UPCOMING SPECIAL ACBL GAMES
Sunday, 8/18, Club Championship
Wednesday, 8/21, Western Conference Stac, $2 extra
Sunday, 25th, Western Conference Stac, $2 extra
Wednesday, 8/28, NAP, $1 extra
Games are normally played in the Apache and Pima
rooms of the Chaparral Center located at:
19781 N. Remington Drive, Surprise AZ 85374
We have five Social games and three ACBL sanctioned
games weekly. (Note: The Tuesday evening ACBL
game is October through April.) Please see the schedule
of days and times at the Navigation Tabs to the left.
For all games. For members and guests.
NO SCENTS. NO SMOKING.
Please be considerate of players who have
respiratory issues. This means smoking between
rounds and during sit out rounds is not allowed.
• 1st Friday Luncheon (Oct–May): Contract scoring - play 3 rounds of 8 hands
• 2nd Friday Bridge (Oct – Apr): Contract scoring - play 3 rounds of 8 hands
• 3rd Friday Bridge (Oct – Apr): Chicago scoring - play 3 rounds of 10 hands
• 4th Friday (Jan-Oct) Marathon Chicago scoring - play 3 rounds of 10 hands Play 12 Fridays – two 5th Fridays will be selected by the committee. Six best scores used – so team can miss some of the Fridays.
• Fees are $20.00 per year per team for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Friday Marathons and are non-refundable. 1st Friday Marathon fees do not include cost of lunch. No refunds. Teams must be paid-up members of the SCG Bridge Club for both calendar years to participate in a marathon. Members are required to get their own substitute partner, if necessary. If, however, a substitute cannot be found, a committee member shall be informed at least two days before scheduled play.
Although substitute players are not limited to the substitute list, substitutes should be members of the Sun City Grand Bridge Club.
As an exception, a guest who qualifies within the 3-game overall limit restrictions as outlined in the bylaws of the Sun City Grand Bridge Club may act as a substitute.
Games are played in the Chaparral Center unless otherwise noted. Play for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd marathons begin at 9:00 a.m. Players are requested to arrive by 8:40 a.m. Team movement and tallies will be provided for each team. Players in the 4th Friday Marathon should arrive by 12:10 p.m. with play beginning at 12:30 p.m. Each session of play consists of three (3) rounds of either 8 or 10 hands each, except that leaders may choose other rotation methods (e.g., 4 rounds of 6 hands each). Leaders may use discretion on how to handle uneven tables. (They can call for bidders or call for a sit-out, giving 1500 points to pairs sitting out for a round.) A maximum of one (1) hour of time is allowed to play each round. Any delayed play (late play) will take place after the third round at the end of play.