Our "slot" is from 1pm to 6pm on a Tuesday afternoon for a contest of 24 boards. The room "opens" at 1.10pm and there is a twenty minute period for players to take their seats. Play will start at the FULL tables at 1.30pm. The system does it, we cannot hold it back.
To play in our private room on a Tuesday Afternoon you need a full Bridge Club Live membership. Social members can't play. You can check your membership by going to the Bridge Club Live home page, hover over "Members", and then click on "Membership Summary". You also need to register as a member of Rugby Village Bridge Club.
You and your partner will have to agree a "Simple System Description (SSD)". You can do that at the start of the session, or meet earlier in "The Office".
We strongly suggest, that at least the first time, you enter the club rooms area well before start time!
To find our room:
- go to the Bridge Club Live home page,
- hover over "Members" and click on "Clubs".
- The "Clubs" page should confirm that you are registered with Rugby Village Bridge Club. If not, you need to register with us.
- If so, click on the blue arrow. This will display the Rugby Village Bridge Club "page".
- Now click the big green button with "Play Bridge" (and a heart).
- Now click "Enter your F2F club rooms". You should now see several rooms. One is the "lobby", another is a separate "Social Room", any others will be F2F club playing rooms.
- Our room will have a name including "RUBVIL". When it is ready for you, it will be blue. If you click on it, you should enter our room. If this doesn't work either the room is not open yet, or your membership is the social type.
When you successfully enter the room and have a partner please start a table. You wait as a pair at that table. The system will automatically make up full tables from all the waiting pairs.
If no partner please contact Jim or I, we should be lurking somewhere. We'll be acting as stand by pair to make up a full table if we have a half. We may not be able to act as host, it will depend on the numbers. However if more one member comes to the room looking for a game, we will try to pair you off.The session is set to play 24 boards, should be under three hours. The system will move you as soon as it can, so some moves may be quick and others take a bit longer. Please don't leave the table or the room until you are sure that all boards are completed. Jim and I will be around to try to fix any problems.
The results become available at the end of the slot at 6pm. They are automatically loaded to the Bridge Club Live page on BridgeWebs.
We will load them to our club web site and the EBU as soon as we can. We are not formally charging for this session, but it will cost us 42p for each player to load it to the EBU for Master Points. It would help us to keep going if you could transfer this to the club account each time you play (feel free to pay every few sessions).
We are grateful to club members who gave us a donation towards the one-off set up cost of £100+VAT. We are not registered for VAT, so that's £120. We have covered this expense now.
If you have never signed up for BCL, and you are an EBU member, you can still use the 50 days free offer.