Spade Heart  Diamond Club
Full Screen Print Page Latest Enhancements Web Administration Help and Guide
Recent Updates
Home Page
Jul 13, 2019 20:17 EDT
BOARD MEMBERS
Jun 5, 2019 07:50 EDT
Member Achievements
Apr 4, 2019 10:06 EDT
display_page16
Jan 25, 2019 15:31 EST
0 0 0 0 0 0
Pages viewed in 2019
BOARD MEMBERS

BOARD MEMBERS

Past President: Janice Upenieks (705) 242-0845

President: Arthur Berdusco (705) 325-3032

Vice President: Shannon Berdusco (705) 325-3032

Treasurer: Elaine Proudfoot (705) 812-0949

Secretary: Jan Cooke (705) 325-8155

Membership: Irene Smith (705) 826-6454

Club Manager: Tim Jackson (705) 259-0098

Chief Games Director: Jane Foster (249) 880-4624

Web Master: Bill Belfour (705) 326-0931

Social Co ordinator: Jean Belfour (705) 323-4944

Member at Large: Jim Coote (705) 689-6602

 

 

 

 

Therese Lessons

Beginner and Basic Bridge Refresher Coaching/Lessons available on an hourly basis for a minimum of two people by appointment.

Call Therese Campbell at 705-259-5666

History
Brief Club History
Brief Club History

(Thanks to Betty Crutcher for her recollections and to Andy Monk for compiling)

A bridge club began in Orillia in 1946 at the old “armories” on West St. (hence the “Garrison Trophy”).  Players included Betty and Jim Crutcher, Charlie Evans, Bill Hill and Weldon Fowler.  By the late 1950’s with “duplicate” bridge becoming increasingly popular, the Garrison Club became the “Orillia Duplicate Bridge Club” and was soon affiliated with the ACBL.

 

In the 60s and 70s the club was ably managed by Frank Harrison and Peggy Jones. During that time our club was honoured by the presence of Eric Murray and Sammy Kehela arguably Canada’s best players ever. And in 1975 Sam McKee became our first Life Master closely followed by the young Danny Schamehorn.

 

The club has had many homes over the years; the longest stays included Georgian College, the Birchmere, Knights of Columbus Hall, the TIE Club, the Trillium Home, Guardian Angels Church and presently the Masonic Hall . One year the club actually moved three times!