Minutes of NCBA Committee Meeting held on 23rd September 2015
- Apologies for absence: Kara Wills, Chris Clark, Ian Dovey, Tim Anderson and Toni Smith had sent their apologies.
- Approval of the minutes of the last meeting: The minutes were approved and signed.
- Matters arising: The funding of national events was mentioned. John Auld asked that we look again at the expenses paid for events such as the Tollemache and whether this was putting young players off from playing. It was decided to continue with the policy decided at previous meeting.
- Chairman Report: John Auld John thanked Ian Dovey for taking on the role of treasurer and announced that Keith Spencer would be looking after the website. John will continue to send reports to the EBU. He apologised for missing the deadline for the last publication of the EBU magazine.
- Received correspondence: The County has been successful in its nomination of David and Joan Burgess for the EBU Dimmie Fleming awards. Clare had discussed with the Burgesses whether they wished to go to London to receive the award, and it had been decided to present the award to them at the county event in December. Clare will attend the EBU AGM in November and collect the trophies.
- Preliminary results of survey (Clare Batten): The survey was being analysed by Clare and Toni. The club survey was completed by all affiliated clubs expect for Mansfield and the Sunday Tigers. John Auld suggested that we ask the clubs to provide a point of contact to try and liaise better. There were just over 40 individual replies and 5 people had made comments but not answered the questionnaire. A more detailed report was to follow.
- County Captain’s report (Lloyd Eagling/Keith Rodgers): The handover to Keith had been completed. Although Keith had had problem getting the correct scoring cards from the EBU, these were now on order. The first match had gone well.
- Teams of 4 and teams of 8 (Chris Clark): Chris sent a written report.
- Treasurer’s report (Irene Auld/Ian Dovey): The transfer of responsibilities had been completed with the bank, and Ian was now in a position to deal with accounts. The green point event in July had made a profit.
- Wednesday Events: The future of the Winter Pairs competition was discussed. The Butler imps competition in September had been a success and it was decided to continue with this format if numbers permitted. A points scoring table is to be introduced and prizes similar in format to the previous year will be given. The competition is to continue through to April.
- Clare raised the request by Toni Smith that we have committee meetings before the start of a Wednesday evening county event. This was not considered to be practical as the meetings would take too long, and also some members may find it difficult to get here any earlier than 7.00 pm. The date of the next meeting was decided as 2nd December.