Minutes for Nottingham Contract Bridge Association
Date of meeting 25th April 2018
- Apologies for absence Keith Rodgers, Chris Clark, Gordon Fullerton
- Matters arising. There were no matters
- Approval of the minutes of last meeting. These were approved.
- Chairs report John Auld. John has already announced he will not put himself forward to be chair after the AGM. He has written a report for the newsletter.
- County night A letter was sent out from John about the lack of tables at the final round of the winter pairs and also the decline in numbers at Nottingham bridge club on a Monday. A comment was received back which had said that the lack of numbers on a Wednesday was due to a teams of 8 match being scheduled that night.
- Treasurers report Ian Dovey
- Funding for South Notts consortium a figure of £250 has been given to the consortium for startup costs.
- Travel Expenses how are they calculated. The details of travel expenses for county matches will now be available on the county website.
Ian was unable to give exact figures on the finances as all the data was being audited for the county AGM..
- Committee roles Clare had not received back the job descriptions from everyone. She has sent out generic one for the post of Treasurer and chair but other people need to state what they do in their role on the committee.
- Publicity Toni Smith
- Purchase of banners Toni had researched the cost of getting banners and publicity stands etc following a request from Sue Wright. Mansfield bridge club had asked whether we had something that could be used by them for their recruitment drive. Toni was allocated £200 and will liaise with Sue.
- County Captains report. Keith has sent a report to Toni which she will add to the newsletter.
- League of 8 Chris Clark/ Jane Hall
- Rules for next year Jane had sent the committee some changes she wanted to make for next year. There had been a number of issues this year and it was felt that the rules needed tightening. A motion concerning the teams had been submitted to the AGM. After the AGM Jane will get back to the committee with the final changes.
- Teams of 4 Keith Spencer 2 divisions had been created and the second division was running ok however the first division did not have enough teams. It was suggested that we have a handicapped league to enable all the teams to play each other at the moment the more competitive teams did not have a league and it was decided to ask how people felt about this for next season.
- Directors courses Clare was running a TD conference. She has also arranged for TD courses for new club directors for the end of the year and a one day course for people wishing to train to be a county TD. 3 people had expressed an interest in completing the county TD course and Clare ask if there would be funding available. The committee decided that they would be willing to provide some funding for these courses dependent on the participants agreeing to direct some county events. The budget for this was agreed at £300.
- Events Graham Brindley The Priday Cup had very few entries one of the reason was it clashed with a charity drive being run at the same time. It was decided to postpone this until June. The Journal cup was now scheduled for 13th May.
- May AGM Clare had received a motion about the teams of 8 and would be sending out an email regarding this matter. John and Irene would be providing wine and nibbles and it would start at 6.30. After the AGM the committee would meet briefly to fix a date for the next meeting and hopefully there would be time for a short game of bridge.