Effective from 18 March 2020 the committee have immediately cancelled all Bridge for a period of 4 weeks. Obviously this has been extended with a date for resumption to be advised when the present lockdown ends.
The following motion has been passed by the committee in relation to the AGM for 2020.
The Mudgee Bridge Club Inc AGM 2020
The Committee at a Zoom meeting held on the 21st April 2020 considered the following.
The Minister for Health and Medical Research issued an Order dated 30th March 2020 as follows
Public Health (COVID-19) Restrictions on Gathering and Movement Order
In particular this Order directs that a person shall not,….., leave the persons place of residence. (some exceptions apply)
In addition the Order directs that a person must not participate in a gathering in a public place of more than 2 persons (some exceptions apply)
Accordingly in appears that the Clubs AGM scheduled for the 1st June 2020 will have to be postponed.
The particular Rules that apply are
Rule 26 General Meetings
(2) (a) within 6 months after the close of the Club's financial year.
Rule27 Annual General meeting – calling of and business.
(1) The annual general meeting of the Club is, subject to the Act and to Clause 26, to be convened on the date and at such place and time as the committee thinks fit.
Therefore the committee is obliged to hold an AGM prior to the 31st October 2020.
We would require the Order above to be less restrictive.
The Committee resolved as follows:-
1. The Committee resolves to postpone the Annual General Meeting for 2020 sine die.
2. The Committee resolves that the postponed Annual General Meeting 2020 will be held prior to the 31st October 2020.
3. The Treasurer will provide the Audited Annual Financial Report by 1st June 2020 for distribution to members.
21th April 2020
Please note your annual subscriptions are still due by 1 May 2020