It has been proven necessary to suspend Club evenings due to the current virus outbreak. If and when we restart please note the following:
To stay safe, please can we ask that members and visitors should adopt the following protocol, namely:
- If you feel unwell, please stay at home
- When you are arrive at the Club, please wash your hands
- Before you depart from the Club, please wash your hands
- If you are unlucky enough to have a confirmed case of coronavirus, please notify me so that we can take appropriate steps to protect other members of the Club.
NOTES RE CORONAVIRUS
1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold
2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
3. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
4. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
5. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
6. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
7. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.
SPREAD THE WORD - PLEASE SHARE.
Chairman 9 March 2020