The purpose of this risk assessment is to ensure that the Club:
-takes account of Government guidelines;
- takes account of Grange Farm Centre’s requirements and any appropriate EBU advice;
-cannot be seen as negligent, should anything go wrong, as far as its insurers or any other parties are concerned;
-does its best to ensure the safety and wellbeing of its players (members or guests) and that they are aware of what is expected of them.
We are a long-established Club and know most of our members very well. Experience is that they are mature and responsible. Against that background we are confident that we can expect and trust players to comply with guidelines and requirements. That said:
- we will expect anyone who has Covid 19, displays signs of Covid 19 or has been in contact with Covid 19 not to attend the Club and to stay away for an appropriate period;
- we will expect anyone attending the Club to have been doubly vaccinated, unless medically exempt. Otherwise they should contact a committee member to explain. Such cases will be considered on their merits but playing at the Club would only be permitted in exceptional circumstances;
-we will ask for proof of vaccination on or before the first visit.
- we will expect anyone attending the Club to use the sanitiser provided by the Centre. Additionally, we will provide sanitiser on each table for the use of players;
-we encourage players to carry out a lateral flow test on the day of attendance at the club;
- Club Officers (and players too) will look out for any non-compliance, problems, etc, and raise them as appropriate;
- all members will be made aware of requirements and of this risk assessment. Potential visitors can find them on the Club website and can be told the situation if they enquire by some other route.
Entering, leaving, and moving around within Grange Farm Centre
The Centre encourages the wearing of masks and social distancing. The use of the NHS QR code to “check in” is also encouraged (failing that a register of details will be kept). We will comply with these requirements by:
- expecting players to wear masks/face coverings when arriving and leaving. Also by keeping apart during such times;
- limiting the number of tables to 10 so that we maintain some distance between tables while each round is played;
-masks will not be required once members have entered the bridge room, though players may wear masks if they wish.
Chairs, tables, other equipment, etc
The Centre ask that chairs, tables and other equipment are wiped down before and after use. The Centre will provide wipes. We will comply with these requirements by:
- wiping down chairs and tables at the start of a session. The first person to sit at a table to please wipe it down and each member to wipe down their own chair.
- ensuring each player has their own personal bidding box which they bring with them to play and take them home with them. If possible boxes should be marked with the owners name and only be touched by the owner;
-Some spare boxes will be kept at the Centre for visitors or in case anyone forgets to bring their own. These can be wiped when needed;
- using boards and cards that have not been played for some days so that, effectively, they have been quarantined;
- wiping electronic scoring equipment (laptop, scoring units, etc) prior to the start of the session. Each scoring unit will only be touched be one person wherever possible;
-This equipment will be collected up by one person and sanitized before being used again.
Catering (tea, coffee, biscuits, etc).
At present no refreshments will be provided. Polystyrene cups will be made available for members wishing to bring their own drink or to drink water.
Collection of table money.
Exact money only ie £1 or £2 coins, no small change.
A card reader will be introduced at a later date to enable payment via debit/credit card.
Doors and windows will be opened whenever possible. Alternatively air conditioning will be used.
Please hang up your coat giving a distance between the next coat wherever possible.