RESULTS OF VIRTUAL GAMES AT LEE'S BRIDGE
RESULTS can be found at...
OUR GAME SCHEDULE
Lee’s 0-1200 Tuesday Pairs 12:00 PM
Lee’s Tuesday OPEN Pairs 12:10 PM
Lee’s 0-1200 Wednesday Pairs 12:00 PM
Lee’s Wednesday OPEN Pairs 12:10 PM
Lee’s 0-100 Wednesday Evening Pairs 6:45 PM
Lee’s Wednesday Evening OPEN Pairs 7:00 PM
Lee’s 0-1500 Thursday Pairs 12:00 PM
ACBL RULES FOR VIRTUAL GAMES
As of August 1, 2023, anyone can play in any Virtual Club game by simply registering. However, if it is a Limited game (e.g., 0-1200), you must be an ACBL member AND your ACBL number needs to be put in you BBO account.
In order to participate, you will need to create an account on BridgeBase Online (BBO), www.bridgebase.com, and purchase BB$ (bridgebase dollars) with which to pay your card fees. US$1 = 1BB$. Setting up an account is very straightforward as is purchasing BB$. If you require any assistance, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me 416-274-1752 (after 11:00 a.m. Thursday through Sunday). If you email me, be sure to INCLUDE your phone number so that I can reach you.
See below for FINDING THE GAMES ON BBO.
FINDING THE GAMES ON BBO
On TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, & THURSDAY the day games begin at 12:00 pm, and 12:10 pm. On WEDNESDAY EVENING the game OPEN beings at 7:00 pm and our 0-50 game begins at 6:45 pm. However, you can register beginning two hours in advance. We recommend you register in early. ENSURE THERE IS MONEY IN YOUR BB$ account.
AFTER you log in to Bridge Base online, www.bridgebase.com, you will be at the Events/Categories page which lists categories down the left-hand side of the page. Under “FEATURED AREAS” you will see a heading entitled “VIRTUAL CLUBS”. Click on that heading. You will see a heading entitled “ACBL – NORTH AMERICA”. Click on that heading. You will now see a listing of all of the VIRTUAL CLUB GAMES which are beginning in the next 2 hours. Look for LEE'S PAIRS. You can also SEARCH for our games by our club number: vacb264143.
SOME THINGS TO BE AWARE OF WITH ONLINE BRIDGE:
1) Do not purchase your BB$ through an App on your Ipad or you will be paying a significant premium for the puchase. But your BB$ directly from the bridgebase.com website by clickin on the blue button that says BB$.
2) There are no UNDOs. So be careful before making a bid or playing a card. AND if you accidentally click on the wrong button, DO NOT COMMENT to your partner. Extricate yourself the best you can IN SILENCE and move on to the next board.
3) When playing in an online game, you are required to “self-alert”. That means that before making a conventional call you push YOUR OWN ALERT button, enter the explanation in the ALERT box and then click on your bid.
For example, your partner opens 1NT and right-hand opponent passes. You have a hand with 5 spades and are intending to bid hearts to transfer to spades. But before clicking on the 2 heart button, FIRST push the ALERT button, enter the description transfer to spades, and then click on the 2 heart button. Your partner does NOT see your alert. But a message is sent to both opponents telling them you have made a conventional bid. If one of your opponents wants to know further information about your conventional call, they will click on your bid in the auction box in front of them and then click on the EXPLAIN button asking for an explanation. OR them might send you a PRIVATE message. Type your explanation NOT the name of the convention being used. It is quite simple and straightforward.
4) Be VERY careful when claiming. ALWAYS state your line of play and account for any oustanding trump in that statement.
5) 3-board rounds will be 18 minutes long in the OPEN game and 21 minutes long in the LIMITED games. The 2-board rounds will be 12 minutes long in the OPEN and 14 minutes long in the LIMITED. If you are not finished on time, the remaining board will disappear. Unplayed boards receive and AVERAGE score.