1. All players must be members of the EBU with first allegiance to Lancashire.
2. Teams to represent LCBA are selected annually for the Tollemache Cup, the President's Cup, and for matches in the Northern Bridge League and against Cumbria.
3. Teams will be picked by a Selection Committee, which will be elected at the December Council meeting.
4. The Selection Committee maintains a database of pairs who they consider of suitable standard to represent the County. Prospective players who believe they are not on the database and wish to be considered should make themselves known to the Chairman of Selectors.
5. Criteria employed in the selection of teams include established experience; involvement and performance in National, Regional LCBA County and Club events; and a desire to give pairs of sufficient ability the opportunity to represent the County.
6. A further requirement (laid down by Council) is that to qualify for Lancashire representative matches, players are normally expected to have demonstrated support for LCBA events over the recent 12-18 months.
7. Selection of the team to represent Lancashire in the Tollemache Cup will be based on picking the best available pairs.