The club uses “stratification” to award Master Points on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Players are divided into three categories (or “stratification levels”), based on their Master Point Rankings.
On Mondays the three categories are:
- A: Players ranked 2* Master and above
- B: Players ranked at least Master, but below 2* Master.
- C: Players ranked below Master.
On Tuesdays the three categories are:
- A: Players ranked County Master and above
- B: Players ranked at least District Master but below County Master
- C: Players ranked below District Master
On Thursdays there are three categories:
- A: Players ranked National Master and above
- B: Players ranked at least Premier Master, but below National Master.
- C: Players ranked below Premier Master.
A pair of mixed rank is assigned the category of the higher-ranked player.
For each stratification level, Master Points are awarded to the top third. Pairs that appear in the top third in more than one category will earn whichever points are most beneficial.
Lower-ranked pairs compete not only in their own category, but also in all higher categories.
Click here for the the full guide to Stratification.