The club uses “stratification” to award Master Points on Monday and Thursday evenings.
Players are divided into three categories (or “stratification levels”), based on their Master Point Rankings.
On Thursdays there are three categories:
- A: Players ranked National Master and above
- B: Players ranked at least Premier Master, but below National Master.
- C: Players ranked below Premier Master.
A pair of mixed rank is assigned the category of the higher-ranked player.
For each stratification level, Master Points are awarded to the top third. Pairs that appear in the top third in more than one category will earn whichever points are most beneficial.
Lower-ranked pairs compete not only in their own category, but also in all higher categories.
On Mondays the three categories are:
- A: Players ranked 2* Master and above
- B: Players ranked at least Master, but below 2* Master.
- C: Players ranked below Master.
Stratification is not used on Tuesdays.
The Master Points required for each of the ranks mentioned above are:
||30,000 including at least 75 Green Points
||5,000 including at least 10 Green Points
Click here for the the full guide to Stratification.