Heritage Coast bridge club meetings at Leiston are suspended until further notice but in their place, the club has online bridge meetings every Wednesday at 1pm
Entries will receive an email giving full instructions. email@example.com
Joining Instructions for Heritage Coast Virtual Bridge Club Tournaments
A very warm welcome to regular players and newcomers.
If this is your first HCVBC tournament, please read the following notes beforehand.
To all players, enjoy the tournament and see you again next week!
Tournament Director contact number: 07770 617020
Before the tournament starts
1) Log in: Any time after 12.10pm and before 12.50pm, log in to BBO. Click on Competitive and then click on All Tournaments
2) Find the tournament: Type Heritage into the Search box at the top of the All Tournaments page. Look for Host vEBU451175 and click on the Heritage Coast tournament
3) Register: If you log on before your partner, enter your partner's username when requested and click Invite. If your partner has already registered and invited you, you will get an Accept invitation request instead, so accept it! Your partner has to be online in order to accept your invitation. If your partner is not online by 1pm, you may not be able to play. If you have trouble entering the tournament, ring the TD number above
4) Pay: You must have credit in your BBO$ account to play. The fee to play is (BBO$3)
5) Wait: When the tournament starts, you and your partner will be seated automatically and the first deal will appear on the screen. If your BBO screen is idle for too long, the server might log you out, so move the cursor or look at your account from time to time so that BBO knows you are still active
During the tournament
6) Call the director: If you have any problem, or if seats at the table are empty at the start of the tournament or during play, call the director
7) Introduce yourself: Use the message function to introduce yourselves at the beginning of each round and briefly to state the system you are playing
8) Alert your own bids (don't worry - opponents will see your explanation but your partner won't): Click the Alert card in the bidding box and type a brief explanation before clicking the number and denomination of your bid. Alert all bids that your partner would alert or announce face to face. Do not use messages to explain your bids or your partner's bids
9) Query bids if you need to: Click on a bid to prompt a request to the bidder to explain the bid. Do not click more than once. Do not use messages to ask about bids, or to comment on them. Explanations must be requested and supplied via the alert function
10) Keep time: Check the countdown clock. If you run out of time, the first deal of the next round will start automatically and you will get an average or adjusted score. There will be extra time in the final round to allow all players to finish
11) Claim: Use the Claim button if the outcome is obvious
12) Scores: All boards are played simultaneously. You can see your results at the end of each round by clicking on the History tab (usually on the right-hand side of your screen)
Enjoy! Feedback welcome! Comments and queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org