Enjoy the summer!
We start again on Monday September 30th.
Paula and John are runners up - again!
Grantown-on-Spey Bridge Club Constitution
adopted at the AnnualGeneral Meeting in the Wheatley Hall, 9th March 2009
1. The club shall be known as the Grantown-on-Spey Bridge Club.
2. The objects of the club shall be the promotionof the game of bridge in accordance with the constitution of, and anydirectives of, the Scottish Bridge Union
3. Membership of the Bridge Club shall beopen to all and any application for membership will not be unreasonably refusedby the Club. Applications in writingshould be made to any one of the Office Bearers or any Club Member.
Members of the club shall pay an annual subscription,which will be determined by the committee and approved by the members.
A Guest may be introduced to the Club on threeoccasions before he or she must pay the current Subscription.
4. The management of the club shall bevested in a committee of not less than five and not more than seven members,from whom the following office-bearers will be elected: President, Vice-President,Secretary/Treasurer.
5. The committee and office-bearerswill be elected at the Annual General Meeting, and will serve for two years.
6. The Annual General Meeting will takeplace in March each year.
7. All members of the club shall be givenat least fourteen days notice of the date and place of the A.G.M. Such noticeshall include a copy of the Agenda. The business shall include:
a) theconsideration of the work done by or under the auspices of the committee.
b) theapproval of the accounts
c) resolutionssubmitted by the committee and ordinary members
d) electionof members to serve on the committee
8. Resolutions from ordinary membersfor submission to the A.G.M. must be duly proposed and seconded and in thehands of the Secretary in writing at least three weeks in advance of the meeting.
9. The committee shall have the powerto call an Extraordinary General Meeting, or such may be called at the request of not less than five ordinarymembers.
10. The proceedings of a General Meetingshall not be invalidated by any accidental omission to give notice of the meeting to, or non receipt of thenotice of a meeting by, a member.
11. At all General Meetings a quorumshall consist of twenty members, or half the membership.
12. At all General Meetings voting shallbe on the basis of one vote per member present at the meeting. Votes may be submitted in writing for resolutionsnotified and proxy votes may be exercisedprovided they are authorised in writing.
Resolutions shall be carried by asimple majority, except when a change to the constitution is made, when clause 15 wi11 apply.
13. Meetings of the committee shall beheld as and when required.
A quorum shall consist of fourmembers, at least one of whom shall be an office-bearer.
a) Eachmember of the committee shall have one vote and resolutions will be passed by a simple majority of thosepresent. The President shall have both a deliberative and a casting vote. The President'scasting vote shall be used only in the event of a tie.
b) TheSecretary shall be responsible for the keeping of accurate minutes of all meetings and shallmake these available upon request to any member of the club.
c) Thecommittee shall be empowered to appoint an independent matchpoint secretary to be responsible forchecking the results of match pointed competitions.
14. a) Thefunds of the club shall be lodged in a bank account in the name of the club. Cheques shall be drawnagainst the signature of the Treasurer and one other office- bearer.
b) TheTreasurer may keep a maximum of £5 cash in hand to cover day to day expenses.
c) TheTreasurer shall be responsible for keeping accurate books recording the transactions of theclub. The books shall be brought to balance at 31st January annually and theaccounts submitted for approval at the next following A.G.M.
15. No alteration or addition shall bemade to the constitution except at an A.G.M. or an Extraordinary General Meeting called for the purpose. Notice of themeeting shall be sent out twoweeks before the meeting and shall specify the proposed change. The changeshall be approved by not less than twothirds of those present who are entitled to vote.
16. This constitution supersedes anyprevious constitution for Grantown-on-Spey Bridge Club.