♥The Cheltenham Congress and the Ross-on-Wye GP Weekend are both cancelled for 2020
♥The latest GCBA Newsletter is available click: GCBA Newsletter Jun20
♥Minutes from the 2019 AGM now published. 2020 AGM postponed.
There are no Youth Bridge sessions currently scheduled.
With most of the remaining teams containing players (even captains) not playing online, it has been decided to abandon the 2019-2020 Knock Out. An online alternative for the next year will be announced shortly.
11 Aug 20 : notes from meeting of club representatives : 02 Aug 2020
08 Aug 20 : latest newsletter (by Garry Watson) - Aug 2020
24 Jul 20 : minutes of the July committee meeting (our third online meeting)
20 May 20 : Financial Report and Accounts for the year ending March 2020
05 Nov 19 : Selection Guidelines of the REC published (see Representative Events tab)
23 May 19 : minutes of the 2019 AGM have published.
MONDAY LEAGUES: Div 1 2, and then Div 1A, 1B, Div 2A, 2B
CLEVERLY TEAMS : Div 1, North, South
ONLINE SWISS TEAMS - SERIES 2
If you need a partner or team-mates, tell email@example.com and he might be able to help. Any further queries will be managed by the GCBA CTD.
The VP scale in use is as follows :
1. As soon as you get notification please contract the opposing captain to arrange a day and time to play. Note that BBO is much less busy morning and afternoon than it is evening, and people have sometimes had repeated difficulty starting a match in the evening ("Error : too many tournaments"); to avoid this YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO AVOID SETTING UP A MATCH (OR THE SECOND STANZA OF A MATCH) BETWEEN 1945 AND 2045 BST. Plan your matches accordingly.
2. If enough people make the same suggestion, I will declare a preferred time for playing - it would then be up to players to try to keep that slot free, and make life easier for their captains by doing so. Optional.
3. The name declared first on the line is the home team, and is responsible for identifying someone who is competent to set up the match. Total newcomers to BBO might not have the permission to do it (BBO needs 100 logins first). That player needs to be given the BBO names of the eight players - and can set things up as two 8-board stanzas (the default, two independent matches as far as BBO is concerned) or one 16-board stanza as the captains agree. Try to include GCBA in the title of the match, as it might help me find results - but I also need you to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) the result once the match is finished. Details -
4. If a match cannot be scheduled within the week (and remember any number of subs is allowed) then it will be declared an 8-8 draw. Cumulative results will appear on the GCBA website.
5. Do your best to support the principle of FULL DISCLOSURE, being profuse in your explanation of bids and your carding agreements. You can create a BBO convention card - video showing how is here. And there is a nice video also available on alerting your own bids. You are also encouraged to make your profile honest and complete - so that your opponents can tell against whom they are playing.
Any further questions or useful ideas - please email email@example.com
22 teams now. Late entries will be accepted too, joining in from week two. The event will run for six weeeks.
Where we have an odd number of teams, we will run a "long" triple asking a group of three teams to play two matches over two weeks.
The teams can arrange these at any point during the two weeks, and in whatever order is convenient. Both matches will be the standard format and both will be VP'd in the standard manner.