This relaxed tourney is twenty four boards of two or three board matches with an estimated run time of about 2 hours and 30 minutes. Everybody who have attended my classes, played in the live No Fears and friends are welcome to join in the fun ($4:00 buy in).
1) Please anounce your system.
2) If you misclick in bidding or play no probs..its easily done. Just request an undo. If you misclick in play, there is no undo available once the trick has been won. If your opponents ask for an undo you should generally accept. However if you are not sure, please call me and i will give a ruling. It keeps everybody happy.This is not an SBU event and Edinburgh No Fears bridge club rules apply.
3) You are not allowed to ask for an undo if you change your mind about an action
4) Please alert and explain conventional bids. For example transfers, the Landy convention and Jacoby.
5) Edinburgh No Fears bridge club system limitations:
a)The Multi 2D is not permitted.
b) If you open 1C you must have at least 3 clubs.
c) Apart from strong 2C and Benji Acol all two level opening bids must be natural and single suited.
6) Please, as a courtesy to your opponents display your name on personal details. Its nice to know whom you are playing!
7) The main thing is to have fun and be kind to your opponents
Note:Sometimes we get a half table so and i will use a pair of robots. This allows me to substitute in No fears late comers, a player on standby or friends that fancy playing a few boards. Sorry if you start off against a pair of 'Pesky Robots' but it gives me flexibility to add players whom would normally miss out .
Also if you get disconnected from BBO and cant get back for a while to keep things going i may ‘sub in a Robot’. Anyway, if you are subbed by a robot, dont worry, just hang in there on your return, you will be reseated to the table for the next deal.