This relaxed tourney is twenty-four boards of 8 three board matches with an estimated run time of about 2 hours and 30 minutes. Everybody who have attended my council classes, private classes, all Bronze players and anyone who has played in the live No Fears are welcome to join in the fun ($4:00 buy in).
1) Please announce your system, for example '12-14 NT, five card spade suit, 3 weak 2's, rev attitude and standard count' is fine.
2) a) If you make a misclick in bidding or play no probs..its easily done and it is right and proper to correct your bid or play. Just request an undo. Note: You are not allowed an undo if you change your mind about an action or lose concentration. When your opponents ask for an undo, you should generally accept. If you are not sure, please call me and i will give a ruling. It keeps everybody happy.
b) If you feel an opponent is slow, please be patient. Should the clock start running down, just call me and request extra time.
This is not an SBU event, and Edinburgh No Fears bridge club rules apply.
3) Please alert and explain conventional bids. You explain your own bids, partner cannot see the explanation. For example, transfers, the Landy convention and Stayman.
4) Edinburgh No Fears bridge club system limitations:
a) The Multi 2D is not permitted.
b) If you open 1C you must have at least 3 clubs.
c) Apart from strong 2C and Benji Acol all two-level opening bids must be natural and single suited.
5) Please, as a courtesy to your opponents display your name on personal details. Its nice to know whom you are playing!
6) The main thing is to have fun and be kind to your opponents
Note: Sometimes we get a half table so you will need to wait a minute or two. This allows me to substitute in No fears late comers, a player on standby or friends that fancy playing a few boards. Sorry if you start off against a pair of 'Pesky Robots' but it gives me flexibility to add players who would normally miss out.
Also, if you get disconnected from BBO and can't get back for a while to keep things going i may ‘sub in a robot’. Anyway, if you are subbed by a robot, don't worry, just hang in there and on your return, you will be reseated to the table for the next deal.