♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
SOCIAL EVENTS 2019/20
♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
This notice gives you information and insight into our plans and thinking over the coming months.
The Club recognises that a relaxed and friendly approach is popular with members and sees Social events as an aid to our objective of ensuring our continued recognition as “The Friendly Club”.
With this in mind we have been looking at the rest of this year and the next. Our intentions are set out below; but don't think that these plans are fixed, they can be changed and enhanced to most accurately reflect the wishes of members. So don't hesitate to make your suggestions, they are all helpful and if you want to get involved then please let me know as we can always use willing hands.
1. Something every month, this might be a Trophy Comp, the AGM, a Social event etc.
2. The August Buffet and Bridge was a great success, both the catering and the format of the evening.
3. There will be a Social Event on 13th October, See separate notice.
4. Christmas Lunch and Bridge at Fairhaven Golf Club on 15th December to be in it's usual format.
5. We will repeat the Buffet and Bridge evening next year.
6. Next year one of our Social events will feature an evening of individual Bridge where you play every hand with a different partner.
7. There will be a Social evening in the first part of 2020 which will involve hot food, hotpot/cottage pie or similar.
8. The Annual Ladies versus Gents will be lightened by providing some form of catering. Possibly cheese and wine.
9 We are looking to start a Soup and Sandwich introduction to selected Afternoon sessions.
I will be using this notice board to keep you updated as we go forward, so please keep giving it a look and don't forget to get in touch with your suggestions and offers of help.
Thanks for reading this far.
8th September 2019