Release 2.19p
Address of this website

www.claygate.club

President — Mary Blundell

REMOVE: never
/cbc/eminence/

Your Committee

Chairman — Gavin Wilson 

Treasurer — Rowena Austin 📧 rowena@claygate.club

Secretary — Fay D'Abo

Membership — Pauline Harris 📧 pauline@claygate.club

Refreshments  Julie Minards 📧 juliem@claygate.club

Refreshments  Vicky Bevan 📧 vicky@claygate.club

REMOVE: never
/cbc/committee/
The Director team

The Director team comprises:

  • Rowena Austin
  • Gavin Wilson
REMOVE: never
/cbc/directing/
The Scorer team

The Scoring Team comprises:

  • Gavin Wilson

REMOVE: never
/cbc/scoring/

Claygate now uses a wireless scoring system called BridgePal, which runs on smartphones and tablets.  The implementation team today consists of Gavin Wilson and Carol Wildig, but more volunteers are very welcome.  We will provide as much help and training as each North needs to enter the scores into the handset.

Further information about BridgePal can be found here.

6th June 2022
Minutes of the Meeting of the Claygate Bridge Club Committee held at 18.00 on the 6th of June 2022 at Elm Road


Present:

  Chairman: Gavin Wilson (GW)
  Elected Committee Members:

Fay D'Abo (FD), Rowena Austin (RA), Pauline Harris (PH), Julie Minards (JM), Vicky Bevan (VB)

  Co-opted Committee Members: none
  Other Club Members: none

1. Absent

None.

2. Confirmation of the minutes of the previous meeting

The minutes of the meeting of 22nd February 2022 were confirmed and the Chairman signed them.

3. To Report on the Actioning of Items from Previous Meetings

22-1Ⓐ1 PH to draw up a list of former members yet to return, and draft an email to be sent to them to encourage their return. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ but several have renewed their membership without returning to play
21-1Ⓐ2 GW to draft an email to be sent to all members about proposed changes to the Club's Constitution. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ. The changes were subsequently passed unanimously at the AGM.

4. Brief Review of the AGM held on 14th March

The AGM was conducted swiftly without controversy.

5. Review of the Club's Progress towards Breaking Even Financially

The Club is currently losing money, assuming about 7½ tables at each session and table money of £2.50 per member. PH presented the numbers to the committee:

  • On those assumptions, the Club loses around £32 each Monday night.
  • At the end of June, we expect to have cash reserves of around £2,100.
  • We expect that, at the current rate, our cash reserves will be down to about £1,400 by the end of this year.
  • In order to break even each Monday, provided we still have attendance of 7½ tables, we would need to charge roughly £3.70 table money per member.
22-2Ⓐ1 The committee agreed to leave table money pricing at £2.50 for members, but to reconsider the matter at the next committee meeting in the light of how attendance evolves.

6. Starting a new Club Championship on 8th August

The committee agreed to begin a new Club Championship in accordance with the same rules as before: the qualifying sessions will be on the second Monday of each month from August to February, with the same partners needing to play together on at least four of those seven evenings in order to have their scores entered into the competition.

7. Any Other Business

VB suggested creating a book, to be kept at the club, for members to advertise for a partner on particular evenings.

22-2Ⓐ2 VB to create this 'Looking for a Partner' book.

8. Date of Next Meeting

The next committee meeting will be held at 6pm on Monday 5th September 2022 at Elm Road.