Minutes of the Meeting of the Claygate Bridge Club Committee held at 19.30 on the 23rd of November 2021 at Elm Road
||Gavin Wilson (GW)
||Elected Committee Members:
||Pauline Harris (PH), Julie Minards (JM), Vicky Bevan (VB)
||Co-opted Committee Members:
||Rowena Austin (RA), Fay D'Abo (FD)
||Other Club Members:
2. Confirmation of the minutes of the previous meeting
The minutes of the meeting of 19th October 2021 were confirmed and the Chairman signed them.
3. To Report on the Actioning of Items from Previous Meetings
- 21-3Ⓐ1 GW to send an email to all members this week to alert them to the resumption of bridge at Claygate Day Centre. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
- 21-3Ⓐ2 GW to buy two bottles of hand sanitiser, to be placed centrally each Monday evenings for use by any players. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
- 21-3Ⓐ3 PH to pay the invoice for the reconditioning of the Club's duplimating machine. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
- 21-3Ⓐ4 GW to claim £26.30 for his mileage in taking the duplimating machine to the servicing agent in Banbury. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
4. To Review the Resumption of Face-to-face Sessions
Since returning to face-to-face bridge in October, the Club has run five Monday sessions, with eight to nine tables on each evening. (Our financial break-even point at the previous price of £2 per player was 10 tables.) The committee discussed members who had returned to play at other clubs but not yet at Claygate, but we were very pleased to see so many familiar faces.
It was suggested that Dittons club was no longer playing on Monday evenings, so we should approach anyone we know from that club and offer them membership of Claygate.
- 21-4Ⓐ1 JM to contact Dittons Bridge Club members to offer membership of Claygate.
- 21-4Ⓐ2 GW to investigate the Find-a-Friend app within Bridgewebs and activate it if feasible for the Club.
The committee decided not to make any changes to the amenities and refreshments provided since the re-start.
The committee agreed that next year's AGM would be on 14th March 2022.
5. Pricing from 6th December onwards
The committee agreed the following from and including 6th December:
- That members would be charged £2.50 table money for each chargeable session.
- That the Christmas Party would be free to everyone.
- That visitors would be charged £2.50 for each chargeable session until the end of December, and £5.00 thereafter.
- That the price of annual membership for 2022 would be £10.
- That, as per clause 12(a) of the Constitution, membership fees for next year would be due to be paid by 31st January 2022.
- 21-4Ⓐ3 RA to maintain a float of £5 notes to assist payment of table money.
- 21-4Ⓐ4 PH to design 2022 Annual Subscription notice and send to RA & GW for comment.
6. Director Roster
RA & GW to continue sharing this responsibility. One scorer is not enough, so we will continue to try to recruit or train a third.
7. Scorer Roster
GW to continue providing this service. Two directors is not enough, so we will continue to try to recruit or train a second.
8. Host Roster
The committee agreed the following:
- That JM would be the host for the Christmas Party on 13th December.
- To re-start the regular host roster from 10th January, with the committee filling the first slots:
- 10-JAN-22 JM
- 17-JAN-22 RA
- 24-JAN-22 PH
- 31-JAN-22 VB
- 7-FEB-22 GW
- 21-4Ⓐ5 GW to construct the Host Roster and send to members.
9. Christmas Party
24 members said they would come to a club party, and of that number, 14 volunteered to help. The committee therefore decided to hold a party on 13th December 2021 on the assumption that about 30 would attend.
- 21-4Ⓐ6 GW to ask the Day Centre Manager for access on the day at 1830.
- 21-4Ⓐ7 GW to buy a small gift for the caretaker.
- 21-4Ⓐ8 GW to buy wine and soft drinks and borrow glasses, largely from Majestic.
- 21-4Ⓐ9 RA to buy the food, probably from Waitrose or M&S.
- 21-4Ⓐ10 RA to provide table coverings for the party.
- 21-4Ⓐ11 RA to buy disposable cutlery, plates etc.
10. Any Other Business
JM brought up the topic of a defibrillator, as all organisations should be aware of where the nearest device is located.
- 21-4Ⓐ12 GW to speak to Day Centre Manager.
11. Date of Next Meeting
The next committee meeting will be held on Tuesday 22nd February 2022 at Elm Road.