Release 2.19n
Address of this website

www.claygate.club

President — Mary Blundell

REMOVE: never
/cbc/eminence/

Your Committee

Chairman — Gavin Wilson 📧 gavin@claygate.club

Treasurer — Rowena Austin 📧 rowena@claygate.club

Secretary — Fay D'Abo

Membership — Pauline Harris 📧 pauline@claygate.club

Refreshments  Julie Minards 📧 juliem@claygate.club

Refreshments  Vicky Bevan 📧 vicky@claygate.club

REMOVE: never
/cbc/committee/
The Director team

The Director team comprises:

  • Rowena Austin
  • Gavin Wilson
REMOVE: never
/cbc/directing/
The Scorer team

The Scoring Team comprises:

  • Gavin Wilson

REMOVE: never
/cbc/scoring/

Claygate now uses a wireless scoring system called BridgePal, which runs on smartphones and tablets.  The implementation team today consists of Gavin Wilson and Carol Wildig, but more volunteers are very welcome.  We will provide as much help and training as each North needs to enter the scores into the handset.

Further information about BridgePal can be found here.

19th October 2021
Minutes of the Meeting of the Claygate Bridge Club Committee held at 19.30 on the 19th of October 2021 at Elm Road


Present:

  Chairman: Gavin Wilson (GW)
  Elected Committee Members: Muriel Hodder (MH), Pauline Harris (PH), Julie Minards (JM), Vicky Bevan (VB)
  Co-opted Committee Members: Rowena Austin (RA), Fay D'Abo (FD)
  Other Club Members: none

1. Absent

Yvette Barton (YB)

2. Confirmation of the minutes of the previous meeting

The minutes of the meeting of 7th September 2021 were confirmed and the Chairman signed them.

3. To Report on the Actioning of Items from Previous Meetings

  • 21-2Ⓐ1 GW to draft an email to be sent to all members and distribute it first to the committee for comment. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ
  • 21-2Ⓐ2 GW to meet with the manager of the Claygate Community Centre to check that the venue is still available on Monday evenings, and as a venue for a one-off Special General Meeting. ⓓⓞⓝⓔ

4. Committee Co-options, Resignations and Appointments

  • The committee voted unanimously to co-opt Rowena Austin onto the committee under clause 7(b) of the club constitution.
  • The committee voted unanimously to co-opt Fay D'Abo onto the committee under clause 7(b) of the club constitution.
  • The committee voted unanimously to accept the resignation of Kay Wilson as Secretary and from the committee.
  • The committee voted unanimously to appoint Fay D'Abo as Secretary under clause 6(d) of the club constitution.
  • The committee voted unanimously to accept the resignation of Muriel Hodder as Treasurer and from the committee.
  • The committee voted unanimously to appoint Rowena Austin as Treasurer under clause 6(d) of the club constitution.
  • The committee voted unanimously to accept the resignation of Yvette Barton from the committee.

The chairman thanked all those committee members resigning for their outstanding contributions over the past four years.

5. Restarting Face-to-face Sessions at Claygate Community Centre

The committee agreed the following:

  • That face-to-face bridge sessions would resume on 25th October 2021.
  • That all players must be both double-vaccinated and not presenting any COVID symptoms.
  • That the session fee for members be increased to £2.50.
  • That at each session pairs should present the Treasurer (or whoever is collecting the table money) with a £5 note to cover the partnership's session fee. Change will not be given.
  • That all sessions for the rest of October and November be free to both members and non-members.
  • That the committee would look at what level to price the session fee for non-members at the next committee meeting.
  • That the committee would provide soft drinks (as before) at each session, but not biscuits.
  • That players wanting a drink with their bridge should either bring their own vessel or be responsible for washing and drying a cup borrowed from the Day Centre.
  • That there would be no Club Championship for the 21-22 season.

 

  • 21-3Ⓐ1 GW to send an email to all members this week to alert them to the resumption of bridge at Claygate Day Centre.
  • 21-3Ⓐ2 GW to buy two bottles of hand sanitiser, to be placed centrally each Monday evenings for use by any players.
  • 21-3Ⓐ3 PH to pay the invoice for the reconditioning of the Club's duplimating machine.
  • 21-3Ⓐ4 GW to claim £26.30 for his mileage in taking the duplimating machine to the servicing agent in Banbury.

6. Christmas Party?

The committee was unsure whether an Xmas Party would be viable this year, given our reluctance to offer biscuits on a normal Monday. If we decide to hold an Xmas Party, it is likely to be on Monday 13th December.

7. Date of Next Meeting

The next committee meeting will be held on Tuesday 23rd November at Elm Road.